AI clubs and released players/Bosmans

I'm nearing the end of my first season, and starting to look at a few potential Bosman signings, in fact have made one. I've also picked up a couple of rather promising 17/18 year olds released by higher level clubs.

My question/concern is that so far it seems like the AI clubs don't do anything pro-active like this. At least one of the youngsters I picked up should have had better clubs than mine swarming all over him, but I have yet to see a single signing like this by any club.

I've also not had anyone try to 'Bosman' any yof my decent players who are going to be out of contract.

So my question is, have those of you who've played longer seen more of this going on?

I'm nearing the end of my first season, and starting to look at a few potential Bosman signings, in fact have made one. I've also picked up a couple of rather promising 17/18 year olds released by higher level clubs.

My question/concern is that so far it seems like the AI clubs don't do anything pro-active like this. At least one of the youngsters I picked up should have had better clubs than mine swarming all over him, but I have yet to see a single signing like this by any club.

I've also not had anyone try to 'Bosman' any yof my decent players who are going to be out of contract.

So my question is, have those of you who've played longer seen more of this going on?

I have noticed this also. Whenever any of my best players are going to be out of contract no clubs are ever interested in them and if I leave it right to the last minute the player will almost always still sign the contract and never say no and that they want to go to a bigger club, I have noticed the ai teams signing a few players on bosmans but certainly not many.

• 4 weeks later...

Players are not exactly 'released' on a Bosman: What it means is that if a player has six months or less left on his contract, you can negotiate a contract with him without his club's consent or knowledge. if you agree a contract, he'll then join you free when his contract expires. (Or for a tribunal fee if he is under 24).

So, theoretically almost any player can be signed on a Bosman, but of course clubs don't want to let their best players get that close to being out of contract.

• 4 weeks later...

ballack's contract always runs out after the first season and no other teams offer him a contract apart frpm me. the same is true of barca's iniesta. you would expect europe's top clubs to be approaching players but they never do

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by my_id:

can you tell me what sort of players are realesed on a bosman. are they like premeiership quality or not </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of my signings on a free have world player of the year awards

Archived