Goals from crosses

Whatever i do i cannot prevent the comp from scoring from crosses! Is anyone else finding this problem, have any advice? Its starting to become a real pain as i conced maybe 90% of my goals from crosses and walk ins

You need a much higher defence, you obviously play very deep defence.

I found that 90% of the goals I conceded (1 a game at least) was from a cross - from the right with their Right Winger scoring (really SLOW headers as well that my keeper some how could not keep out) or from free kicks hit into the box.

This changed when I changed my Match Prep from Attacking to Defensive training and then on to Defensive Free Kick Training, and since then the amount of goals I conceed from these sits has decreased dramatically. I also now always Tight Mark the wingers.

Hope this helps.

Also, maybe look for a Wing Back that has good heading/jumping (hard to find though so I have to do without)

Played pushed up and lost 4-2 to west brom at home. 2 goals were from crosses. one from a corner and one a through ball edge of area :(

Who scored from the corners (their ST, AMR/AML?).

Have you tried changing Match Prep to either Defensive training for Defensive Free Kick Taking. I am taking doing Defensive Free Kick taking, seems to have done the trick but takes a few in game weeks to have an effect.

Im gonna give defensive training some time. It didnt happen to me two seasons ago in legue one. but now in championship last season and this season its common that i concede masses of goals only from crosses. I think maybe my team just isnt good enough. But i have some strong players i thought. Have pasanen, ayala, bostock loan, james brown, john sutton, tudgay,delap

Archived