Tottenham Stadium expansion/re-build...how long?

Just a quicky here guys, didn't know where else to ask. As you may know, Spurs are going full steam ahead with a new stadium.

In the game however, i get completley shut down by levy and co when i ask for an expansion, re-build, even better youth facilities. They are completley unambitious. Is there a way to get them onside or does this come with success and repuatation?

Yes, but IRL Levy is activley trying to get a new stadium going, thus showing his ambition. In game he is less ambitious than Mike Ashley! Anyway, guess i just need some success, doing well on all fronts, Defoe and Dawson about to make their returns from injury.

How long does it take for them to build the stadium once it's been approved?

When I was Gela in Italy I had a very successful 5/6 years and got them into serie A. We had a 4000 seated stadium and the board announced they were building a 26000 stadium a year into Serie A. IIRC it took around 12 months, mayber a little more. This was on fm 09

The board thingies seem to be decided by a random number generator. You can try the following if you want to make a statement to SI and yourself (just to make you feel ok with cheating :p):

- Save game when the stadium options are available

- Ask board

- Reload if refused.

I tried this with:

youth facilities -> worked

feeder clubs -> worked

extra staff -> worked

I haven't been able to test stadium this way, because the board offered me a new stadium before I could try it. :(

I think it's quite silly however, that these decisions, which should be KEY in every teams business plans, are completely randomly decided. But the way the new board communication is installed, is hopefully a step in the good direction.

Archived