Strange conversation with Van der Saar

EdwinvanderSarProfile_PrivateChat.png

I was asking him to consider becoming a Goalkeeping Coach at the end of the season, when his contract expires but he wanted to start right away. If he started right away I would have been left with Kuszczak in goals, so I told him that I will let him know when the time is right, (The end of the year) but he took it the wrong way and now he is upset with me.

In my current game I asked Tommy Mooney about being a coach, got the same first response as you did and then I told him to go for it when he mentioned starting right away. Basically he retained his playing role but had coaching attributes added, so I offered him a new contract as a Player/Coach

OP- I might be being completely dumb here, but I'm not sure if I have those widget things on the top bar. The shortcut things to training, squad, tactics etc. Is that something you've done? Like I said, i might be being dumb. I'm at work and can't picture my screen. Although I have been thinking about it for most of the day.

OP- I might be being completely dumb here, but I'm not sure if I have those widget things on the top bar. The shortcut things to training, squad, tactics etc. Is that something you've done? Like I said, i might be being dumb. I'm at work and can't picture my screen. Although I have been thinking about it for most of the day.

Right click that bar and click on the things you want added to it. I added them all :)

Right click on that top bar and you can add those yourself too.

Yes I know that. But I want my first choice goalkeeper fully concentrating on his football, not training other goalkeepers.

If he started right away I would have been left with Kuszczak in goals

That to me sounded like you thought Van Der Sar would retire straight away if he became a coach.

Anyone had this problem? - I've had the above conversation with my older squad players (playing as Liverpool, so Carragher, Maxi, Kyriagos) they've all come back with "I could start right away", which I've accepted, then when I try and offer them a player/coach contract they either turn me down flat, or want a massive increase in their wages - Kyriagos wanted something like £85k per week to be my backup central defender and general coach. Can't seem to get any of them to actually become player/coaches....

Archived