FMH 07 - My first game - Chelsea

Hi guys,

Lets get the boring stuff out the way - i've been playing champ/fm for years, love the pc game. But travelling alot at the moment so when FMH 07 came out on the PSP - i was sold!

So i'm gonna start a game as Chelsea to get a feel for the game and all hints/tips/advice/abuse are welcome!

Think i'm gonna go for Micah Richards and David Villa first to clog gap at right back and up front.

Drogba doesn't look great, although I think Geremi could be off first - with feirrera and a RB on the way even if i don't get Richards, plus johnson next year. Cheerio Geremi!

I'll appreciate any player recommendations, tactics, etc - but feel free to go overboard on the detail! Lets make this thread special!

Pearsy

Hi guys,

Lets get the boring stuff out the way - i've been playing champ/fm for years, love the pc game. But travelling alot at the moment so when FMH 07 came out on the PSP - i was sold!

So i'm gonna start a game as Chelsea to get a feel for the game and all hints/tips/advice/abuse are welcome!

Think i'm gonna go for Micah Richards and David Villa first to clog gap at right back and up front.

Drogba doesn't look great, although I think Geremi could be off first - with feirrera and a RB on the way even if i don't get Richards, plus johnson next year. Cheerio Geremi!

I'll appreciate any player recommendations, tactics, etc - but feel free to go overboard on the detail! Lets make this thread special!

Pearsy

Yeah true - but I thought I'd try and get everything in one place for anyone else who's just starting out with the game. Especially as it's it's not too clear what FMH 07 and the old game!

Also I'll try and most every day to make this a bit of an interactive story...bit like x factor but for FM!Let me know your best player and if there's a general consensus - i'll buy him!

It'll be a laugh!

I think i'll start with:

4-4-2 - normal

Cech

Richards(Bidding for now) - Terry - Carvalho - Cole

Robben - Essien - Lampard - Wright phillips

Shev - Villa (bidding for now)

If you think I should get someone else - reply now or it could be too late!

try Acuna for up front he plays for Cadiz and he generally scores a few goals every couple of games plus he'll only cost about 5 mill at the most!

Good squad player is Billy Jones of Crewe as he can play anywhere in defence or midfield.

£44m for Villa...even for Chelsea thats pushing the boat out! Or £8M for Huntelaar. The bid is in for Acuna at the moment, scouted him and he seems decent enough. Pressure of premier league and chelsea, not sure if he'll cut it straight away. Maybe a 5 games off the bench before starting job!

Hell get the goals for you, 9 out of 10 times when ive signed him he has always scored on his debut.

Keep an eye on

Kevin Nolan

Curtis Davies will cost about 5 mill

Luke Moore

Igor Akinfeev (gk)

Ustari (gk)

Raul Garcia (osasuna)

Aaron Lennon

Gago

Sanchez (Udinese)

Lol - i know most of the players from the pc fm07 but only just started and it's supposed to be a different game so i'm not putting blind faith in my knowledge from the pc game!

And what are you classing as HUGE success?? If you're chelsea - surely unbeaten and the quad has to be goal! Although what do you think of Villa?! I think I might leave him - although he's one of my fave players...i always end up buying players like that for silly money!But im sure you guys do it too!

Steven Taylor is always a good one for me, but he needs a bit of training to improve his tackling.

I think you should have Micah Richards in a DC position and get Kerrea Gilbert from Cardiff (Arsenal) as your right back, he's only a couple of mill so he's diffinately affordable

Iniesta has been excellent for me during his first season at Man Utd.

Kerlon is very good but injury prone..you have to have cover for him as he will most lieky be out for a few months a season.

Huntelaar is a bit of a bargain at the start. 3 seasons on he is worth raoughly £20m

I've bought Schmeichel who looks to be turning into a fine GK as is Foster.

Ok cheers for all the tips...so here's what I did!

I went 3-5-2 attacking:

Richards(14.5m)/Carvalho/Terry©

Robben/Essien/Lamps/Cole

Iniesta(£19.75m)

Shevchenko/Acuna £4.5m)

Bench: Kerlon (£1m) and all the other chelsea guys. I sold Geremi for £3.1m.

Defenders all in defending training and attackers all in attacking, rest in general.

Friendlies

First game - Barnsley away - 3-1 win - with Shev, Iniesta and Acuna getting the goals.

Released Jimmy Smith and Nuno Morais - to bring in Sturidge(£1M) and Anichebe(£3M).

So i've got lots of young strikers to nurture into gods - maybe relying on shevchenko a bit but i'll be fine...

Next screen, Shevchenko out for a month...glum!

Second game - Gills away - 5-0 win - Terry, Essien, Acuna, Carvalho, Iniesta.

But more bad news as Robben (3 weeks) and Carvalho (10 days) both pick up knocks, could have been worse!And realising i'd have to play Boularouz - I think I'll move for Steven Taylor!

Third game - Wolves home - 4-0 win - Iniesta, Essien, Ballack, Nelson (og)

A perfect pre season - although I can feel a draft on my backside...that's because i've had my trousers pulled down by Newcastle and paid £12m for Taylor. He'll play 10 seasons, I can live with £1.2M a season, i'm chelsea after all!

Right now for the real test - Liverpool @ the Millenium Stadium

Charity Shield - Liverpool - 1-0 Loss - Gerrard(pen)

I was doing great creating chances, 51mins, Cech is sent off and it's penalty time, never really recovered!

1st League game - Everton away - 2-0 Loss - Aj got both inc 1 pen.

This could be a problem and tackling is on normal...!

Gave Kerlon a start and like you guys said, 20 mins later off he came injured!

2nd League game - Spurs home - 1-0 Loss - Berbatov

Right i'm no russian spy, but my life could be danger if I don't find a win soon.

No goals in 3 games - my choice of youth could be backfiring.

3rd League game - Boro away - 0-0 Draw

A point at least - I should have won this game but still no goals. 19th very glum.

4th League game - Wigan at home - 3-0 Iniesta, Lamps 2.

About time, I dropped Terry for averaging 5.50 and brought in Taylor to partner Richards and Carvalho.

Inspired Captain Frank wins us the game - 13th in the league!

Here is a tip for making profit:

Buy Theo Walcott (Normally around 8m in the first season), you can play him if needed or loan him out.

One or two seasons later, he is worth 34.5m (for my at least) even if you rarely player him.

Also, Anderson from Porto, young and very good, more expensive but less prone to injury than Kerlon.

Archived