IDEA - Scouts

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but I just had a thought:

In-accurate scout reports - but I don't just mean POTENTIAL ABILITY in-accurate, i mean current stats could be misconcieved aswell.

As far as I know, every scout comes back with correct current stats, even if it takes 2 trips for example, but I think it could be more realistic to have scouts come back with slightly differential stat values to the "real" values if you like, dependant on Scout attributes of course.

So if you have an average to good scout, and you scout a player only once, then you are in effect taking a slight risk as the stats could be misconcieved by the scouts first trip.

Scout abilities would obviously be based on Ability + determination + adaptability + any other behind the scene stats or stats i have missed.

I think that would add a great realistic twist into scouting.

Do you mean that all attributes are masked and depending on the quality of the scouts we may not neccessarly get to see the right 'numerical grade'?

I agree that scouting could be worked on to incorporate more accurate / in-accurate scouting, but I wouldn't like the above idea. We could still see the attributes but get a mis-dignosis from the scout as to his ability to perform at that level.

Yes Rich, exactly.

No Ivod, currently I believe scouts can have differing views on potential ability, and possibly differing views on maybe how good he is compared to another player in the scouts opinion. But one thing scuts NEVER differ on is the actual value to each attribute.

Currently, when we scout a player we maybe scout him once or twice, then sign him as we know his stats bang on. But in reality, a club may scout a player on numerous occasions, really extensively, and still not know everything about a player, i think we can adapt that into FM a little more.

You could scout a player with two different scouts, oh no, one of your scouts says Player x has 18 in dribbling, the other scout suggests 16, its leading up to the end of your transfer window, which scout do you trust??who do you consider more able??

or

its the start of the transfer window, you have lost your main striker, you need a replacement, but you have a while to get your man, scout him extensively, scout all your targets extensively. each time you scout him with your average-good scout, the players value to his attributes MAY change, but they are getting more accurate...unless of course you have a super scout, someone you know will get it right first time. Ultimately thats what you would like, but those scouts jsut shouldn't be readilly available in large quantities imo.

This will stand the scouts apart imo. I mean right now, at the end of the day, you know you can get a scout with 17 and 17 ability, and KNOW you will get a good scout report, then your 2nd scout report will be spot on. I think with my idea, it would add such a different dimension, but not a complicated one.

Just a thought. Would love to see it happen.

this would be good, because the scout could get it wrong, but you still have the option to sign him based on his real stats yourself by looking at the players profile.

hmm stumbling block. I hadn't considered this problem.

I was meaning that the scouts report on his attributes would be what you DO see in his profile, but the problem that arises from this is, what if you scout him with 2 scouts, which one would take precedance in showing up on his profile page......unless you had an option in the top corner somewhere that allowed you to choose yourself which scouts eyes to view him through. But this would add a totally new line of code i couldnt even imagine how hard to implement.

Is there a moderator/researcher/coder on here that could advise whether or not it could be done in theory, even if you wouldn't want to do it?

.unless you had an option in the top corner somewhere that allowed you to choose yourself which scouts eyes to view him through.

This sounds fairly realistic, managers are always having to trust their scouts (Bebe), Geoff Twentyman was instrumental in identifying new players for Shankly back in the day.

It would place more emphasis on recruiting better scouts, which i currently tend to leave as is.

I like this idea, but I would like to make an even bigger suggestion. Arsenal's scout network is insane, and it has three levels. There are the scouts who go around and find the players. If they see someone that they like, then they watch him again. If they still like the look of him, they pass this knowledge onto Steve Rowley. He then goes to watch the player, and if he likes what he sees, he will pass it onto Mr. Wenger.

In this way, I think you can do things two ways. You can ask your scouts to scout someone, whereby you will get a report with slightly off attributes, or you will receive weekly reports from your head scout, reporting to you that he has found x players, would you like to have a look at them.

nice idea in theory, but when combined with the search filter, there seems to some possible problem ther.,

Agreed, there could be possible problems in the integration, filter search being one of those.

Although, I would say not impossible. We could for example base the player search filter on the attributes scouted by the "best" scout who scouted that specific player. All well known players attributes would of course be readily available, and his attributes would not differ as already known, would only apply to masked players, and players who were masked but not thoroughly scouted.

But yea, glad you pointed that outm, that would be one problem that have to be solved.

Sort of why I was hoping for an opinion by a coder/researcher/moderator or anyone who has good knowledge in that field to see if it could even be done.

Archived