stupid transfer fees what are SI doing about it

No this was full game with patch installed.

I did do all the media stuff (Declare intrest, Say what a good player he is) But wasn't expecting Liverpool to give me him for that! I was well chuffed.

And he went and scored on his debut and then two consecutive hat tricks...and then went and got injured!

A lot of players go cheap in thsi game.

In mine the following have all gone relatively cheaply:

Dzeko £9.5M

Higuain £15M

Balotelli £6.5M

Modric £8.5M

Hamsik £10.5M

Pastore £10.5M

Seems if a player is unhappy he doesn't command much of a fee in this version.

What I think is a bit unrealstic that apart from signings by me the £20M mark has only been broken in 3 transfers in the first 4 seasons..

Dzeko £9.5M

Higuain £15M

Balotelli £6.5M

Modric £8.5M

Hamsik £10.5M

Pastore £10.5M

What I think is a bit unrealstic that apart from signings by me the £20M mark has only been broken in 3 transfers in the first 4 seasons..

Is that with the patch?

Dzeko £9.5M

Higuain £15M

Balotelli £6.5M

Modric £8.5M

Hamsik £10.5M

Pastore £10.5M

I've seen Higuain on the list in three different games for 15 million.Real don't play him enough so he wants to leave.Out of the rest Modric is another I've seen going cheap at 9 million or so.

I thought i'd put a cheeky offer in, and they told me they wanted 123 Million, which i tried to lower but the lowest i got them down to was 119 Million.

Then to get him offered to me at 29 Million was a result! If he can stay injury free he will score an absolute butt load of goals for me and what i would have paid for him will have been a bargain.

Now lets see if messi is available for 33 Million :-)

I had to pay 22m (in installments) for dzeko, tried to get him for less, but they initially wanted 40m, I got them down to 22m. He now plays for Liverpool, partner to Torres and the partnership is going well, if I remember correctly I'm about 12 games in and they have 20 goals between them!! (the lions share being fron Dzeko, not Torres!).

G

Dzeko £9.5M

Higuain £15M

Balotelli £6.5M

Modric £8.5M

Hamsik £10.5M

Pastore £10.5M

That's pretty poor really isn't it. No matter what anyone says, there is no way, in real life, any of those players would go for less than 15 million. Shame.

How is that unrealistic? In RL few players go for £20m+ infact any transfers over £10m normally registers in the top 30 or so for a season and with money issues affecting many clubs chances are prices will drop.

Over the last five years there have been 24 transfers over £20m but these have been dominated by Real Madrid (8) and Man City (7) with Barcelona (4) the only other team with more than one. Five other teams make up the rest with one each and they are Man Utd, Chelsea, Juventus, Lyon & Bayern Munich.

That's pretty poor really isn't it. No matter what anyone says, there is no way, in real life, any of those players would go for less than 15 million. Shame.

You really can't say that.

In his save you don't know what is going on, was the player happy? close to the end of his contract? wanting to leave? fell out with the manger? etc etc.

Over the next year much could happen in RL which would cause those players to move for less than £15m.

Start a new game and try to get any of those players for less than £15m, you'll fail. They were obviously unhappy or transfer listed

I think if you gice them some media love and you have a high enough rep they will start considering their future at the club.

But there is no reason for a club to sell a player for their base evaluation, even if they are unhappy.

Look at Arsenal, even if Fabregas did want to go they weren't going to let him for for anything less than 50 Million. Usually a club lowers their valuation when a players contract is running out and they know they aren't going to renew.

That's why i was happy at my Torres purchase, they sold their best player at base valuation to a premiership rival and he was happy at the time. Maybe the new owner's wanted the money?

..seriously..? :eek:

No matter how much you love FM, you just can't say this is accurate .. come on .. :thdn:

in my first season....with man utd....i just went on real madrids squad to see how well they were doing and he was unhappy....had a fall out with mourinho and was transfer listed by request....also got a bid of 11.5m accepted for tevez last night but he didnt want to sign for a rival!!! now that bit is unrealistic...hes a mercenary!

it could be combination of players getting unhappy and overreacting after player talks, described here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233847-How-dare-you-insult-me!-Manager-v-Player

and lots of clubs having piles of money: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234882-£27m-Transfer-Budget-From-Nowhere-Is-This-A-Bug?

transfers definately need more balancing in next patch. last year transfers were awesome and realistic imo

On the face of it, yes I would.

But then consider that (in real life) Lucio moved for £3.5m, Gourcuff for £12m (rising with appearances) and Pedro Leon for only £3m.

Although I do think that you only get the full value of the transfer by taking the wages x contract duration into account.

Something is only worth what the purchaser is willing to pay.

Start a new game and try to get any of those players for less than £15m, you'll fail. They were obviously unhappy or transfer listed

I don't care whether they were unhappy or not. Berbatov, unhappy at Spurs IRL and went for 30 million. Lescott unhappy, went for 20 odd million. Out of that group of players, not one would go for less than 20 million, I don't care how unhappy they were. Modric was signed for 16 million two years ago, I don't care if he refused to play another game again this season, there is no way he would be sold for 9 million. I like the game, I like the new things and realism genreally but Dzeko for 9 million, Modric for 8.5, Higuin for 15? Never in a million years.

I don't care whether they were unhappy or not. Berbatov, unhappy at Spurs IRL and went for 30 million. Lescott unhappy, went for 20 odd million. Out of that group of players, not one would go for less than 20 million, I don't care how unhappy they were. Modric was signed for 16 million two years ago, I don't care if he refused to play another game again this season, there is no way he would be sold for 9 million. I like the game, I like the new things and realism genreally but Dzeko for 9 million, Modric for 8.5, Higuin for 15? Never in a million years.

As far as the game sees it it's all black and white; if a player is transfer listed then he can be sold for his value. Obviously the problem here is the player's aren't valued realistically enough. Ideally the AI would be able to assess a player's attributes and set a realistic asking price, but I imagine that would be very difficult to write code for

SI just can't win, can they? One minute people are complaining the transfer market is too hard and that it's disgusting that clubs hold out for £128million for players like Wesley Sneider, and now unhappy/unwanted players are going a bit cheaper it's disgusting again.

The transfer market will never, ever be as realistic on FM as I'm sure we'd all like it. But the rules are the same for the AI as for the human manager. The only problem I can forsee with this sort of thing is with a club like Man City or Man U or Arsenal or FC Bayern or Barcelona or Juventus, or any reasonably big club that you get into the Champions League, within about 5 seasons you'll have a huge number of top players and will quickly become unbeatable.

Think I'll shortlist Messi tonight, see if I can unsettle him.

SI just can't win, can they? One minute people are complaining the transfer market is too hard and that it's disgusting that clubs hold out for £128million for players like Wesley Sneider, and now unhappy/unwanted players are going a bit cheaper it's disgusting again.

The transfer market will never, ever be as realistic on FM as I'm sure we'd all like it. But the rules are the same for the AI as for the human manager. The only problem I can forsee with this sort of thing is with a club like Man City or Man U or Arsenal or FC Bayern or Barcelona or Juventus, or any reasonably big club that you get into the Champions League, within about 5 seasons you'll have a huge number of top players and will quickly become unbeatable.

available for 8 m

Think I'll shortlist Messi tonight, see if I can unsettle him.

I generally had no problem with the whole people bidding 150 million for Sneijder and it getting rejected. They would cry 'it isn't realistic' well, bidding 150 million for a player isn't realistic in the first place! I'd rather it was that way than the list that has been provided above. Someone got Ramos for 8 million! I think they Madrid fans would have something to say about that considering how upset they were that van der Vaart was sold for a similar price, but a homegrown fan favourite like Ramos? The manager who he had fallen out with would be gone before Ramos if he was

I got Fellani for 10m and Jenas for nothing. Bassong for 4.2m. Its all about player power in this game just like RL

I agree to a certain degree, but player power only works in terms of forcing a move. Berbatov was the biggest example of a player powe move but Spurs made sure they got what they wanted out of it. Players unhappy should influence moves, but not to the extent of Ronaldo for 30 odd million, Ramos for 8 million, Modric for 8. 5 million etc.

Dzeko £9.5M

Higuain £15M

Balotelli £6.5M

Modric £8.5M

Hamsik £10.5M

Pastore £10.5M

Same here,

Hamsik - 12m

Lavezzi - 9m

Luis Fabiano - 5.25m

Balotelli - 10m

David Silva - 12m

Modric - 7.5m

De Rossi - 17m

As soon as a team under performs for a season all the big players seem to want out.

Dzeko £9.5M

Higuain £15M

Balotelli £6.5M

Modric £8.5M

Hamsik £10.5M

Pastore £10.5M

Can any sane person come on here and tell me that any of these fees are realistic it just ruins the game for me and there are many more. The transfers in fm10 were much better and nearer the mark

I actually got Balotelli for £0 and if I remember correctly it was in the January transfer window of the first season, he was unhappy at the club, City were trying to loan him out initially then I noticed he has £0 as his asking price.

It does seem to be generally, if a player is unhappy and the club want to sell him, his asking price gets set to his actual value, these are some of the playes on the transer list in my game, game date 2nd July 2011

Robinho - £10 Mil

Sergio Ramos - £9.5 Mil

Papastathopoulos - 5.5 Mil

Pablo Piatti - £5.5 Mil

Ryan Shawcross - £5.5 Mil

Felipe Melo - £5 Mil

Simone Pepe - £5 Mil

Yossi Benayoun - £ 5 Mil

Sami Khedia - £3.8 Mil

Archived