Worst ever start in FM game

I am playing with Hearts in the SPL my board expectation is to compete at the top of the Premiership In my friendlies I won 3 which included my Reserve team and lost 4. I soon realised that I was short in firepower up front and started to rectify this. In the league I have won 1 and lost 3 (In two of the matches I conceded late goals and ended up losing the match when I was heading towards two draws. My latest defeat was 4-0 against Celtic in which I didnt expect to win anyway). I have won in the first round of the cup. I am currently 2nd from bottom in the league, however if those two late goals were not conceded and I had drawn the matches I would be 7th.

In all the years I have played FM this is my worst ever start and am looking forward to putting it right. Other people blame the game, bugs and SI when they cant win but I realise its my tactics. I have also had 3 players sent off in the 3 league games that I play. So I need to be more defensive at the end of a game to stop the late goals and less aggressive to stop the sendings off. Hopefully changing things will help turn the team around

Whats your worst start and how do you intend to rectify it?

i am manager of monaco and am 13 games into season - knocked out of cup and only won 1 league game and drew 3 now my job position is under review so i do not think i have long left.

my other team is everton and we are 3rd in prem with 2 loses.

My start in my unemployed save is very similar to yours, about 16 games in a couple of wins and a few draws. I have had some of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen in an FM game that are quite clearly bugs (namely being sent off for being last man when they are quite clearly not. In fact one time it was my furthest forward defender that was red carded on those grounds. Apart from that my team is dropping like flies with at least an injury a game and one more during the week. Oddly my reserves and my non-playing first time aren't afflicted by this.

My pre-season was even better than yours though, one loss vs newcastle. Apart from that I beat everyone from the non-leaguers to league 1 and championship teams.

Oh well, guess it's my tactics and/or training.

Archived