2011 nice new mechanics, POOR details.

So i got 2011 today, load up a game and take over in Colorado MLS. 2011 seems to have some nice new mechanics in general so I was hoping to see the MLS made better.

Instead I see that didn't make youth or academies more interactive for MLS teams, they just deleted them it seems, because other that a Youth Academy being listed in the youth facilities it doesn't have any actual game component I can find anymore. Very Weak.

Then if that's not bad enough the only 2 coaches that started on the staff are both youth coaches... seriously?! What freaking good are youth coaches when there is no youth team?! Get a freaking clue. Get's even better when I start hunting around to hire coaches and they all want about 40K a year minimum, no problem it's fair money... oh except the board won't let you pay more then 38,500/year. Really?!

The team has no freaking coaches and the board won't fork out for another 1,500 over a full year (not a week) so you can hire even bad coaches?!

Fix the damn database and board interaction, it's ****ing pathetic.

PS Why did you change the wage +/- to completely silly amounts, 2010 they were nice and neat numbers, 500, 1K, 10K, etc adjustments, now they are all over the place.

Im sure MLS didn't get much attention from the testers. Quite frankly very few FM players care about MLS

Well the MLS got enough attention to completely remove the youth academies that 2010 at least had (even though they were little more then window dressings). but yeah the MLS is pretty well ignored irl and in-game.

@FrazT: Perhaps not, but a complete lack of common sense tends to do that... sorry for the language (even though it's filtered, sigh).

All sarcasm aside though, who removes a leagues youth teams completely and populates the staff of a team in that league with only youth coaches? Tested or not either there is a complete lack of communication with the DB team or they just don't care. The MLS may be second rate to many, but still you release a new game version customers expect to see improvements, not removal of features. Not to mention how painful it was to find a coach so I can actually train my players, had to hire a player/coach because none (not even coaches with all stats <10) would sign for less then 40k/yr and Colorado can't pay that much for a coach in the 1st season, even with payroll budget maxed.

2010 it was too easy to recreate a mid-level team into a league winner, but this is crazy.

Archived