Huge match flaws

I don't know if these have been mentioned o i'll write a post on it since i'm bored and don't want to play any more games yet because i'm so so scared of losing a game or drawing as I don't want to drop points.

Ok here it goes, lets say i'm watching the match...obviously, lets say Arsenal are playing Chelsea, ok?

If the Arsenal player kicks the ball forward to pass to a team mate and its going out for a throw, the Arsenal player will chase it, but the Chelsea man will NEVER chase it...only if the Arsenal player will never get it.

If the Arsenal player will get it the Chelsea player will go for it also 100%.

I know that does not seem like IRL but its like the opposition knows which balls to get and not to get, i'm sure in real life both players go for every ball to make sure, what do you people think?

Ok here is another...lets say Chelsea are in Arsenals half and Drogba has the ball near to the corner and Toure tackles him, Drogba will run away and not give chase, he goes back to his position on the formation sheet, seen this happen alot! Also happens when ball is close to a defensive player and he does not go for it.

Another...seen alot of strikers missing chances which are very very close to the post, I know the angle is tight but never getting it on target shows something is wrong there.

Thats what I have experienced, maybe i'm wrong but thought i'd give my views.

I don't know if these have been mentioned o i'll write a post on it since i'm bored and don't want to play any more games yet because i'm so so scared of losing a game or drawing as I don't want to drop points.

Ok here it goes, lets say i'm watching the match...obviously, lets say Arsenal are playing Chelsea, ok?

If the Arsenal player kicks the ball forward to pass to a team mate and its going out for a throw, the Arsenal player will chase it, but the Chelsea man will NEVER chase it...only if the Arsenal player will never get it.

If the Arsenal player will get it the Chelsea player will go for it also 100%.

I know that does not seem like IRL but its like the opposition knows which balls to get and not to get, i'm sure in real life both players go for every ball to make sure, what do you people think?

Ok here is another...lets say Chelsea are in Arsenals half and Drogba has the ball near to the corner and Toure tackles him, Drogba will run away and not give chase, he goes back to his position on the formation sheet, seen this happen alot! Also happens when ball is close to a defensive player and he does not go for it.

Another...seen alot of strikers missing chances which are very very close to the post, I know the angle is tight but never getting it on target shows something is wrong there.

Thats what I have experienced, maybe i'm wrong but thought i'd give my views.

It is. Hehe! Because of the match engine, when the opponent is having the ball, Drogba noticed that it is time to defend. So he goes back to defending positon as the tactics/formation/match engine/whatever the program?/the codes? tells him to go there. Totally not football thinking that the player holding the ball is just beside him and maybe just steals the ball from him. That's really a problem as far as I can see and it's not the only one. But it does not matters to me anyway. Because I don't use any patches to play the game. The 8.0 match engine is ok at least when attacking you can see nice touch and passing and movement of players.

You're mistaking graphics for the match engine.

What you see on screen is just a representation of the match engine and it doesn't always marry up too well - it's something that's been evolving since the 2D graphics first came in. Can't remember where I read it, but it was in a thread to do with shot-on-goal and came from SI. It might look like the ball is hairing into the corner, but it's really not a great chance. I imagine it's similar to your Drogba-in-the-corner example. The ME will think the ball is already cleared and the graphics are representing that.

It's not a great excuse, but it sounds plausible.

Archived