Why the YouTube and Twitter link?

Why, when downloading the game... etc was I asked to connect my Twitter and YouTube accounts to Football Manager?

What are the benefits?

Can you download your games to YouTube so your mate in Iceland could watch how you beat Inter Milan in your bedroom in Halifax?!

Thanks in advance. I've been out of the loop in the Football Manager world for a couple of years.

with twitter, when special things happen in the game like if you are Manager of Liverpool, it posts twitter posts concerning cup/league wins, high scoring games, and other special achievements in the game. It's quite good actually the twitter feature

Im not a huge twitter fan, still dont really understand the benefits appart from stalking famous people, but its a good feature if you are a twitter fan and your mates are too. The youtube upload is good. It didnt hardly work for me in the demo but the full game it works perfectly so far :) its a shame you cant upload match highlights (penalty misses, offsides etc) but one step at a time :D

with twitter, when special things happen in the game like if you are Manager of Liverpool, it posts twitter posts concerning cup/league wins, high scoring games, and other special achievements in the game. It's quite good actually the twitter feature

I take it they're meant to be other achievements to go on twitter. Not the in game unlockable achievements. I thought it may have been the unlockables but i haven't seen the option to tweet yet.

Are you serious? It is terrible. Imagine if you're a student supposed to be studying for your annual exams and your mum takes a look at your twitter and finds out that you have just won a treble in your first season in the past hour. Goodness me. Or you telling your friends you're sick so you can stay home to play FM and then every hour it updates that you have won manager of the month award or progressed to the next stage of the FA cup. Need to remove ASAP imo!

Are you serious? It is terrible. Imagine if you're a student supposed to be studying for your annual exams and your mum takes a look at your twitter and finds out that you have just won a treble in your first season in the past hour. Goodness me. Or you telling your friends you're sick so you can stay home to play FM and then every hour it updates that you have won manager of the month award or progressed to the next stage of the FA cup. Need to remove ASAP imo!

Er, the issue is the student not studying, rather than it being put on Twitter...

That said, I disagree with "live-blogging" your life on Twitter and find it kind of sad that this feature is in the game. YouTube I can understand, though.

Then you shouldn't set the game to automatically tweet achievements (by default it won't).

That's not the fault of the game, surely the fault of the person using it.

Archived