Major Benefits to all merchandising sales... or not !

I affiliated Kansas with my Leverkusen, waiting to profit from gaining ground in USA. I did picked Kansas when i checked how much i have to pay per year and they asked for alot comparing to Colorado or Patriots. I was just thinking when they ask alot, they will sell alot too. Well... my merchandise sales went.....DOWN. DOwn down down...yay! I can tell in the USA we still have deep crisis, no money for stupid jersey!

If you dont have any players with a huge reputation, or sell one, then you often don't get much benefit for those deals. :) They were tuned down after their introduction.

But, if you ever do sign Messi or Ronaldo, I'm sure sales will pick up again. ;)

That's counter productve to say the least, if a club signs those players they'd have a merchandise boost anyway.

Would be interesting to do a test as follows:

A team with a sponsorship affiliate in say the US and a team signs a massive player...would the merchanidise boost be different if that same team signs the same player without an affiiliate

I'd also love to know if I have a link with a US team and sign a US player with a high rep (Donovan perhaps) Would I recieve a marketing boost in the states?

It's not counter productive and it makes complete sence. People on another continent aren't going to spend money buying jerseys of players they never heard of. They will only really boost your merchandizing, and be worth their fee, if you have enough players that have a staggering reputation.

I have never expermimented withe the american player thing, but that could work also.

Depending how realistically SI coded it linking to the USA for more merchandise sales isn't a great idea anyway. Most of the MLS teams don't have much following for themselves let alone foreign teams. About the only teams I'd see this being helpfull would be Seattle and LA, maybe a couple others.

Archived