running fm 2011 on mac

i have recently bought fm 2011, dvd/disc, and installed it on my mac. when i then open the fm folder and click on the fm icon to run the game it does nothing, the icon appears to open but then nothing happens. has anyone else had this problem ? any ideas on how to resolve it ? i downloaded the patch but no joy there either.

Hi Stig, I don't have much Mac Expertise but if you post up the specs of your machine in this thread I'll get our Mac expert to take a look at it for you.

I closed your other thread, no need for two, but update here and we'll see if we can get you up and running.

thats whats happening to mine now.

I bought it on release day and installed it on steam and it was working fine until today when it starting bouncing in the dock but not opening.

so i installed it using the disc (not on steam) to see if that would work and it did initially until i realized i hadnt installed the patch. So i installed the patch and tried to open up fm again and it would do the same thing as it did on steam and just bounce in the dock and not open. Hopefully this helps solve the problem.

Can I ask what OS version those of you who cannot launch the game are running?

MBP 2009

System: 10.6.4

Processor: 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

FM2010 runs fine and smoothly. FM2011 in comparison looks like Beta version... alas. UI is pretty sluggish, and 3D is about 50% more resource consuming while being played on the same settings as FM10.

thanks for the advice, i have tried reinstalling the game and still no joy.

my mac spec is - mas os x version 10.4.11, processor 1.83 ghz intel core 2 duo with 512 mb 667 mhz ddr2 sdram

hope this can help get this sorted, dying to get started with the game

cheers again

stig

MBP 2009

System: 10.6.4

Processor: 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

FM2010 runs fine and smoothly. FM2011 in comparison looks like Beta version... alas. UI is pretty sluggish, and 3D is about 50% more resource consuming while being played on the same settings as FM10.

I noticed the same thing with the UI, it is really sluggish and mushy feeling on my mac.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks for the advice, i have tried reinstalling the game and still no joy.

my mac spec is - mas os x version 10.4.11, processor 1.83 ghz intel core 2 duo with 512 mb 667 mhz ddr2 sdram

hope this can help get this sorted, dying to get started with the game

cheers again

stig

512 mb ram is probably a little on the low side for fm, think you also need at least os 10.5 to run it anyway.

Archived