Ronaldo Signs For Chelsea.. :O

Hey guys..thought I would share this with you... I am currently playing my 1st season on FM 11. January window opens and on my news feed a message shows up and says

"Chelsea sign Ronaldo" ... I was like oMg!

Here is a pic:-

1twoj7.jpg

Anyone else had this transfer take place in there save game?

What would have been the cause behind the transfer?

£35mill for Ronaldo is cheap.. his release clause was way higher.... Oh and btw he got a RED CARD after playing his 1st game for Chelsea... LOL

Oh and once again Chelsea (just like in FM10) signed Landon Donovan from LA Galaxy...

Great game!

Even if Ronaldo did become unhappy at Madrid, would they ever let him go for as little as 35m? Not a chance! I've seen the same thing happen to Messi in the game as well. It's so unrealistic.

depends, you can't say it would never happen. I'm not sure how many years ronaldo has left on his contract at the start of the game but if either ronaldo or messi wanted to leave and were on the last year of their contract they can either sell them for whatever people are willing to pay or end up losing them on a free

The same thing happened on my game. Ronaldo was unhappy - FMRTE showed me it was from Mourinho's team talks. He was unsettled and wanted to leave. He had a asking price equal to his value - and Real madrid offered him to me. I was Barcelona - so he did not want to come and ended going to Chelsea for £34.5m.

Seems this is common - too common for my liking.

And asking a manger 3 days before the CL Final also seems pretty odd. I'm not saying the Ronaldo thing is a bug but you will find more bugs in FM than in your garden!!!

What a load of rubbish .. i can't believe people are actually trying to find an excuse for this .. here's one: the game is flawed.

Jesus Christ, every player is unhappy, every player gets sold for nothing (Di Maria was sold for almost the same amount of money IRL).

I know, i know, every year the game has a few bugs, we wait until the last patch comes out and most of them are gone, but to screw up one of the best (if not the best) league in the world (and France apparently), to screw up an entire transfer system and a few more things people are complaining about is just too much!

Not even my own parents were so suportive when i screwed up ...

Messi was unhappy in one of my games to, but didn't move yet.

It seems that player become unhappy at nothing - and throw their toys out of the pram very easily. Another way of looking at it is that FM has moved with the times in terms of player power like in the Rooney situation and when players want something they seem to get it.

There's definitely some odd stuff with transfers in 11.1, which seems to be stemming from player happiness. From what I've noticed playing the game so far, players seem to often get unhappy beyond the point of no return for no good reason, often leading to them requesting transfers. And once a player is unhappy, their club often seems happy to let him go for a pittance, even to a rival club.

I've gotten into Nov/Dev on 3 or 4 saves with different clubs, in different countries and Ronaldo has eventually requested a transfer in every single one of them. They've put his asking price as low as 31m. Madrid were willing to part with Sergio Ramos for only 8m after he fell out with Mourinho as well.

How can a manager like Mourinho with 20s in man management and motivating have this happen in every single save so far? Not to mention that RM have been either 1st or 2nd in the standings every time. Unfortunately the conclusion I'm most apt to draw is that the player interaction is haywire.

This doesn't make the game "unplayable" per se, but honestly who wants to play with sh*t like this going on?

I totally agree, end of first season as man utd - been interested in bale, ronaldo and modric. All get offered to me at the end of the first season....

Signed Bale for £5.2m ronaldo £32m and modric for £6.2m that just cant be right. Each time each one signed they had a parting shot at the previous manager, all prior to the moves had wanting to leave the club under the transfer section.

Seems a tad wrong to me.....

Also to add to this, literally before I was offered ronaldo my 40m bid was rejected, they offered him a new contract which he turned down but surely you would not offer out a player with 5 years left to run on the contract especially for such a low transfer.....

Dzeko £9.5M

Modric £8.5M

Bale (at City and they've been offering him for £6M but his agent won't back down from 200k a week so he just sits on the transfer list for years??)

Higuain £15M

Balotelli £6.5M

Pastore £10.5M

Hamsik £8.5M

Also, only 3 transfers that weren't mine in 4 seasons over £20M!

There's definetly something seriously wrong with how players are reacting to AI managers and how much their clubs are then listing them for. I've noticed some crazy prices on my save, like David De Gea being listed for £2.8m in the first window. Antonio Valencia at United is currently listed with an asking price of £0... and what's more, nobody is interested in him. It's a shame this bug has been allowed to slip through, because it's making the game extremely unrealistic.

yeh he was listed in my game for 25m at the end of the first season i did with arsenal

and yeh people are right, ive seen players listed for £0, people like Darren Fletcher for eg..

its ruining the game

as if Real would sell Ronaldo for 25m when he cost 80m

(talking in Euros here...)

Ibrahimovic: sold to Milan for 24m Euros after ONE season after paying around 65, counting Eto'o

Robinho: sold to Milan for 18m Euros after paying over 40.

Huntelaar: bought by 20, sold by 11 (18, 7 of which went straight to Ajax, as per contract). 9m for six months, hmm...

Robben to Bayern Munich, Sneijder to Inter Milan... not counting the ones that are pretty much transfer fooder like half the City forwards or Kaka. (65m...)

I seriously wonder what would people be saying about FM if the whole Eto'o/Ibrahimovic situation happened in the sim...

that's fairly recent. we could talk things like Baljic (bought by 24m by Real, allowed to go back to his former team ON A FREE the year next)

SO yeah, while it might be happening a bit too often, it's not THAT unrealistic. It happens, althought it might be hard for people to understand that things change a lot in two years. And really, can't you picture Cristiano Prima Donna Ronaldo asking for a transfer if gets bored with his current toy and wants a different one?

Ibrahimovic/Eto'o was an extraordinary event and the media commented on it as such. Otherwise, sure, cheap fire-sales of excellent players do occur, but you wonder whether they happen too easily in FM, which would primarily benefit the player in a game where it's already too easy to build the team you want.

In the case of Huntelaar, he played about 0.3 games, so it makes sense he'd be sold on the cheap. Actually, a problem with previous FMs were that a club would buy a player for 10m, he'd sit on his arse and do nothing, and then another club would come in and grab him for.... 30m! Yeah, I'm sure his value went up a lot. :p

Haven't played fm11 enough myself to tell.

I almost thought I was the only one confused about transfers! I've seen some extremely odd stuff in my game. I started a game without the patch and had played about 2 seasons before the patch came in. In the first season I was stupefied at HOW MANY FREE TRANSFERS WERE AVAILABLE! Basically the whole league (Romanian Liga I) released some of its best players for peanuts, without so much as an attempt at offering them a contract!

But just when I thought things couldn't get worse I went to filter out unattached players and what I saw boggled my mind! There are NUMEROUS top level players being released from their clubs EVERY YEAR! Now I'm into my 5th season and I spent a whopping 11 million on transfers (5 of which were in the first transfer window as I did not know about this "issue"), however in return I've been able to get players such as Fernando Cavenaghi, Jo, Helder Postiga, Hatem Ben Arfa, Pape Diakhite, Jonathan DeGuzman, Enoh Enyog, Maro Motta as freebies! And I could've gone for Thiago Motta (free transfer after 3 SEASONS!!!!) or Adriano (same as Motta). Yes these players are 170CA/190PA players but they shouldn't be available for FREE during their prime! It's ABSURD!

Thankfully the DLR is keeping things balanced as wage demands are quite high for these players but I would assume some better leagues with more cash incentive (say France) could be DOMINATED with free transfers.

I'm not sure it is the transfer system but more the player/manager interaction - as players seem to get unsettled left right and centre from the private chats. So its not the transfer system as these players are going for cheap on the basis that something has happened to that player - it not as if these players are getting offered for no reason, it is because they are unsettled. So its the player interaction that is the issue, and thus this has adverse knock on affects.

Another weird thing happened in my game... end of season... in the news section I see that Jose Mourinho got sacked...

Madrid were 2nd place in La Liga... however my Tottenham team did beat them in the quarter finals of the champions league...

Surely they would not sack him for coming 2nd?

I find that slightly more realistic than them selling off Ronaldo!!! hahaha

But still...a new manager at the club of Mourinho's stature surely wouldnt be fired in his first season...even at Real Madrid right?

I hope all this gets addressed in the new patch.

At least bring the transfer AI back to the level of FM10.

Now I'm not usually a moaner, but how come these kind of problems don't come up during testing? So many users have indicated in such a short period that they've observed the most silly transfers, that I find it hard to imagine that the testers never raised a few eyebrows during transfer windows.

Archived