132 yellow cards, 16 red cards in first season!

the players with the most bookings generally have above average aggression, with gattuso's preferred moves including arguing with officials. without looking through the editor, some of these players probably have high 'dirtiness' attribute as well.

are you closing down opponents, marking tightly, going in hard, etc on opposition players?

are your stats similar to other clubs in the league or is there a big difference?

High aggression = More cards ... be wary of that :p

Really aggressive players will get big amounts, like 20 cards a season.

Do you ever set tackling to "Hard" before games or in your tactics?

I think in the premier league last season there was like 1000 odd cards. So if your team are the dirtiest in the league :p

But in all seriousness that is a obscene amount of cards, probably a bug :L

Its a bug. If not, a serious fu*k up.

I had a run of 5 games with 7 red cards.

Last Season 96 Yellows and 10 reds!

Not necessarily a bug - as previous people have said check the players aggressions and dirtiness and review your tactics.

Seemed about normal to me, I did have 4 games in a row of my opponents ending on 10 men but i was outclassing them a bit. It calmed down too.

I tell my players to be very aggresstive too and seem to keep a reasonable discipline, albeit some players never learn. Swear my right back got booked every match he played lol.

I started the season with Boro with a large number of yellow cards but ended with a fairly normal number, maybe a few above the league average. It's definitely to do with your settings and players. Gattusso will pick up a lot just because of the player he is. You have to decide how much scope you're willing to give him to play his natural game and how much you want to try pulling him back a bit. I suggest you've gone a bit too far the wrong way here.

Not necessarily a bug - as previous people have said check the players aggressions and dirtiness and review your tactics.

It has nothing to do with tactics. Its a programming error. There are absurd amounts of cards given; the game seems to assign only the most severe ref to human teams. Ideally, SI should allow the customer to set card levels.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t239/bababui_2007/00leighcards.jpg

Was struggling with cards the first half of the season as well - used to let my ass man handle opp instructions and he told my guys togo in hard on about three quarters of the opposition squad. Since I leave opp instructions alone altogether performances are better and I've rarely had more than 2 yellow cards a match..

It has to be a bug. If there was a setting to 'injure every player' I still think you would struggle to get as many cards as that.

In my save Vidic is getting alot of cards. I know he's brave and aggressive but he is a world class player who should be making tackles, not committing yellow card offenses every game. He is set as a normal CB so he should be performing like he does IRL unless something is wrong. He is not, so there is.

I didn't even use high aggression! I rarely used hard tackling or closing down so I don't see how I got so many cards. I can understand players like Gattuso getting a lot of cards but not Pato, Pirlo and Robinho.

I had two players sent off in a game about 5 or 6 times!!!!!!!!

I dont have an issue with cards to be honest, so maybe its a bug if you have aggression set to high
As Liverpool manager 1st season, my 1st team has only received 15 yellow cards and 0 red cards, it is 27th January 2011.

The problem seems to be that the game assigns the same ref to officiate most of a teams matches. See my screenie above. If that ref tends to be an extreme disciplinarian, the human will see loads of cards. The fix would be to make sure that there is proper referee rotation. At the least. Also, for me, my first two players to rack up 5 yellows were a striker and an AMC. In 9 games. Not the 2 usual suspects we might expect to get so many yellows.

I didn't even use high aggression! I rarely used hard tackling or closing down so I don't see how I got so many cards. I can understand players like Gattuso getting a lot of cards but not Pato, Pirlo and Robinho.

I had two players sent off in a game about 5 or 6 times!!!!!!!!

not too sure about pato, and couldn't tell you the hidden dirtiness stats, but from what i've seen of them over the years i would say pirlo and robinho both have a petulant and dirty streak which is probably implemented by the researchers.

Im having the same problems theres so many red cards i dont ever fine because the players all gang up on previous versions so i just issue warnings im on tackling cautious every player that gets a yellow i put on tackle easy aswell the problems eased a little but theres still a lot of yellow cards. It does get annoying but its always the same people like rafael which is understandable as he does commit alot of silly fouls. Im getting my fare share of penalties i think 10 so far anderson scored them all so suppose cant have everything my way =]

Archived