SI just cannot ever get it right.

Why the hell is it that every game comes out and you simply cannot get it right until patch number 3 comes out?

For example, in my game you just cannot progress. I got promoted last season with my team, and now I am relegation candidates and it falls apart. The only way you can score is always from a cross or a set piece now, you cannot score from open play anymore. If you lose a game or two morale starts to become very poor straight away and you just cannot get back from that. Even though I have matched each side I have come against and sometimes dominated, it's still not happening. About three quarters of penalties awarded are also missed.

Every game that comes out, there is always problems, but this is a farce. Don't you ever test your games?

I will not be playing this game anymore until the problems are rectified. What a waste of £30.

I can assure you it's not my tactics. If it was on last years version I would be winning most of my games. It's the fact that it's very hard to score anything in open player if you have lesser players. Even opponents don't score through the middle, it's always through the wings.

Why the hell is it that every year you buy the game even though you know they cannot get it right until patch number 3 comes out?

Its is your tactics, well done on getting promoted but like real life this should not be a walk in the park. Stop moaning.

Why the hell is it that every game comes out and you simply cannot get it right until patch number 3 comes out?

For example, in my game you just cannot progress. I got promoted last season with my team, and now I am relegation candidates and it falls apart. The only way you can score is always from a cross or a set piece now, you cannot score from open play anymore. If you lose a game or two morale starts to become very poor straight away and you just cannot get back from that. Even though I have matched each side I have come against and sometimes dominated, it's still not happening. About three quarters of penalties awarded are also missed.

Every game that comes out, there is always problems, but this is a farce. Don't you ever test your games?

I will not be playing this game anymore until the problems are rectified. What a waste of £30.

promoted teams are generally relegation candidates, just as in real life and previous versions of FM.

wing play has been improved on last year where wingers were notoriously rubbish.

as for the missed penalties - are you talking about your sides pens or in general. do you have stats to back up your claims?

I can assure you it's not my tactics. If it was on last years version I would be winning most of my games. It's the fact that it's very hard to score anything in open player if you have lesser players. Even opponents don't score through the middle, it's always through the wings.

last years tactics will not automatically work on this years version, and there is less onus on super tactics, forcing players to create a tactic that works to the players strengths and weaknesses, this is also helped with match preparation

I can only score from through balls through the middle, I've scored two goals from set pieces in my current season, and I don't think I've scored any from crosses. Then again my strikers are short and weak so I set my team up to play to their strengths...

Oh, and my striker has scored both the penalties we got this year.

I recently got my team promoted, and i have no problem in the higher tier. Yeh i am not going to win the league that season, but with the new players i brought in i am not doing too bad. I know it is over-said in this forum, but it probably is your tactics.

Yes the match engine does have a few problems, but I, and by the sounds of it many other people, dont have the problem you are describing....

*snakepit

you are right...i'm furious at Si too....it's like FM 10 all over again...u can't score a goal until patch #3 ... and then the game becomes perfect....

i'm (I was) managing Tottenham and couldn't believe that crouch, pavlyuchenko, defoe or keane can't score on 1vs1 situations...it's always direct at the gK or wide....

as u said, u can only score from a cross or a set piece...

i have played 10 matches, won most of them, but then just stopped playing ... always from a header or a GK mistake or something like that...

I started off badly by conceding too many goals and not scoring any, changed a few things and started scoring more goals but still conceeding a few. Have now worked out a good balance and currently on a 18 match unbeaten run. So I say again TACTICS.

SardaukarCRO - Try being a real team like Reading, our strikers bang in loads ;) it is probably your tactics or the way you play those players. All depends on your decisions. Luckily for me, i know the Reading team inside out, so i can just dominate :p try being the team you support to start with if you cant get it right with Tottenham... unless you support Tottenham, then that looks quite bad on you :p

sorry AndyRich.....u are talking about tactics, i'm talking about one on one situations, clear cut chances where every shot is straight at the goalkeeper or wide .... it can be really frustrating sometimes.

so please, i see you are all experts here - tell me some advice on how to score those chances.... :)

and I have to say that i'm not losing matches, i won like 75% of them, but those clear cut chances are frustrating.

^^ how are your strikers set (complete striker, poacher etc) does it suit them.

Is the supply good? will your playmakers/wingers put in good balls.

Are they playing on the side with there weak foot?

If youre winning games i wouldnt worry too much, unless this has been happening for like the whole season. Try switch the above things around to suit the player see how it pans out.

sorry AndyRich.....u are talking about tactics, i'm talking about one on one situations, clear cut chances where every shot is straight at the goalkeeper or wide .... it can be really frustrating sometimes.

so please, i see you are all experts here - tell me some advice on how to score those chances.... :)

and I have to say that i'm not losing matches, i won like 75% of them, but those clear cut chances are frustrating.

I had an issue with one of my strikers so I asked him to focus on going around the keeper in one on one situations, its so far has worked as he is no longer just hitting the ball. (Obviously the players individual skills must be taken in to consideration so perhaps you could ask you strikers to place the ball in the corner etc)

Another over reaction. This is fairly disrespectful to the QA team. This is the first release since they overhauled their SDLC, and it has gone pretty in most posters opinions, save for a couple of issues.

They are not robots, they will miss things, or prioritise bugs according to impact.

It would be interesting for a forum to open up on our jobs where we have to sit and listen to people question us about what we do...

Of course it's frustrating when your striker misses a one on one with the keeper, but it happens in real football and therefore it happens on FM. Even the best strikers in the world miss them, but having played half a season I've also seen a lot of clear cut chances scored. I've not seen enough evidence so far to suggest there's a problem with it. Unlike FM09 where you'd have 20 one on ones with the keeper and 90% of them would be hit right at the keeper, or on to the post. Consequently that got fixed in a patch and it's been much better ever since.

for example ....

defoe - poacher ... many one on one situations .... no goal

crouch - target man - many headers won - no goal (or 1 out of 5)

pavlyuchenko - complete forward - i'm not worried about him because he can't score even in real life :D

i'm playing with 1 striker, so i can't really decide with which leg they will shoot....

maybe having a private chat with them to tell them to stop blasting the ball, to try to shoot at the bottom corners of the goal, to try to dribble the goalie....?

Andy, are u playing with or without a patch?

for example ....

defoe - poacher ... many one on one situations .... no goal

crouch - target man - many headers won - no goal (or 1 out of 5)

pavlyuchenko - complete forward - i'm not worried about him because he can't score even in real life :D

i'm playing with 1 striker, so i can't really decide with which leg they will shoot....

maybe having a private chat with them to tell them to stop blasting the ball, to try to shoot at the bottom corners of the goal, to try to dribble the goalie....?

Andy, are u playing with or without a patch?

try a formation with 2 strikers and compare your stats.

i have found that using lone striker formations my strikers aren't scoring a lot of goals, and that it takes a lot of tweaking to get it right

Im playing the demo :/

Seems fine to me tbh, i havent had any problems, why dont you try out a different formation, stick two up front. Maybe they work better with more support? Could create better chances?

Bit odd to me :/

Just tweak your tactics, see what advice options there are during conversations and work on more shooting based training for your forwards. All you can do really :/

This is the funniest thread Ive seen for ages somebody blaming SI because they cant get the tactics right.

They state 'For example, in my game you just cannot progress. I got promoted last season with my team, and now I am relegation candidates and it falls apart.'. Haven't they thought that the league they are promoted in is alot tougher and they will need better players or that the players that they bought are not good enough. Oh no sorry its the game and SI's fault. I wonder whose fault this is according to them in real life when this happens to a team, David Camerons

Funny how when they were winning and getting promoted they werent on complaining that the game is rubbish and needed testing.

Sorry for the sarcasim but I havn't seen such a funny post and comment in a long time

This thread is hilarious. I've scored many, many different ways. Crosses, corners, through the middle, counter attacks, from out wide, rebounds, lobs, long shots, dribble around keeper. If anything you score in many more ways in FM11. It's alot more interesting.

Once you're promoted, you have to replace at least 50% of your starting lineup to have a team that competes. You can't use the same team and expect to compete straight away.

I score many on 1 on 1. You do miss quite a few, but that's like real life. You need better strikers with better composure and finishing. Just like every other year.

• SI Staff
For example, in my game you just cannot progress. I got promoted last season with my team, and now I am relegation candidates and it falls apart.

I had a similar experience. Got promoted in the first season via the play-offs with Southampton and really struggled the following season and spent the entire first half of the season in the bottom three. I managed to turn it around though and avoided relegation by 10 points and set about improving my squad for the new season.

The only way you can score is always from a cross or a set piece now, you cannot score from open play anymore.

I'm suffering the exact opposite. I can never score from corners or set plays. A lot of my goals seem to come from either a cross from the right or defence splitting passes putting my striker through.

If you lose a game or two morale starts to become very poor straight away and you just cannot get back from that.

You can get back from it. I've had a slump in morale where I just couldn't get any luck but I stuck with it and pulled it around. It's definitely possible.

Even though I have matched each side I have come against and sometimes dominated, it's still not happening.

I've had games like that as well and yes, it's frustrating. But it happens. I've also been dominated in games and sneaked a win.

About three quarters of penalties awarded are also missed.

My team hardly ever miss a penalty and most of the ones awarded against me have been scored as well.

That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Clearly you were doing well as you got promoted. However you are now struggling in the higher league, you must be the first team that has ever happened to :rolleyes:

Just because you have one bad run doesn't mean it's 'impossible to progress'.

Why are people still talking about this :p

When you get promoted, you are automatically going to be predicated around the foot of the table as you are entering a higher/harder division. Simple.

Now stop talking about it. :L

It's certainly harder to adjust to a new league after promotion now, I don't think it's a bug though just that there are less decent freebies and loans (At least avaliable to my side) going after a year then on last years database - and the agent negotiations thing makes it alot harder to snap up a bargain. Tbh I'm played about this as i always felt it too easy to get promoted and then build the best team in the league off of loan signings and freebies in just 3 months.

I've just come to accept that I won't be pushing for playoffs straight after a promotion in this game, well i think anyway. Only 12 games into my second season - was doing crap with 7 points from 10 games but won my last two so who knows lol.

I'm suffering the exact opposite. I can never score from corners or set plays. A lot of my goals seem to come from either a cross from the right or defence splitting passes putting my striker through..

It's funny. One person can only score from the right and defense splitting pases, but not on corners. Yet another person can only score on corners and set pieces.

So maybe one team has a good right winger and a midfielder with good long passing and the other team has a good set piece player. It's usually that simple.

If you never generate chances, get faster players or more creative players. You give up too many chances, get some better marking, tackling, faster defenders. You never score 1 v 1, get better composure and finishing strikers.

****ing hell stop moaning about it. If you can't win at the game and your sitting in a corner crying your eyes out and thinking the end of the world must be near, don't play it. Sick of al these people coming on and slating SI.

This game is the best game out, by far. How is it not playable? Maybe your just ***** at it. Get a grip are you 10 years old?

For example, in my game you just cannot progress. I got promoted last season with my team, and now I am relegation candidates and it falls apart.

It's realistic that you can struggle after being promoted to a higher league.

If you lose a game or two morale starts to become very poor straight away and you just cannot get back from that

Again that's realistic, Burnley had a fantastic start in the Premier League last season but after a couple of defeats or a run without a win, the morale went and we never recovered again.

Playing in a tough league like the Premier League, you can go on very long runs without a win, and things like only 1 win every 2 months or so which can be very demoralising for players who are not used to it. [sunderland went all winter last season without a win i think?]

Look at West Ham at the moment, they are stuck at the bottom and finding it hard to dig out a result, and with every result going by, i'm sure thier morale is getting worse.

sounds like sour grapes to me, just cos you get promoted the previous season, it doesn't autoatically mean you should win the premier league in season 2. Far from it actually. Promoted clubs only hope they dont get straight religated the next season after promotion.

Also you may indeed need to look into getting better players who have a higher attribute for Finishing, Dribbling, First Touch, Passing, Technique, Composure, Creativity, Concentration, and also maybe your wingers need better crossing attribute also.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither are Premiership fancies !

wake up man most that get promoted to the prem have to fight off relegation or don't you watch football.but wait your 1 of these 1s that wants the great stuff in football in the game but crys when the bad stuff is in it to.

My advice to the OP is to try to play the game with realistic expectations, meaning ones that are closer inline with what would actually be expected in real life. Lets say that a team get promoted to the EPL from the Championship. Does anyone expect that team to be challenging for the EPL title immediately, or is this team most likely expected to be fighting off relegation? Yes, sometimes certain clubs/teams will break the normal trend and actually finish higher than expected, but those are exceptional cases of course.

Completely agree with op game is dirt always untill after jan when the patch comes out which is a major rip-off every year it happens with the exception of fm10 which was pretty playable but si seriously need to get act together because as it stands it is robbery of people's money for a broke game....

Archived