X player is not interested in negotiating terms with you

BBB

Right, okay fair enough. Ronaldo isn't interested in negotiating terms, nor have some other players. However, in previous FM versions you could still offer them a contract and they might just take the money like the mercenary bastards that they are but on this version you can't and it's quite annoying.

Fix it please :(

I disagree, you get players going to other clubs all the time, rival ones etc.

You do but you also get players who don't want to join your club/leave their current one under any circumstances.

No offence to City but could you see Messi leaving Barcelona this January for Eastlands regardless of how much money they offered him?

Had a little go at this using Man Utd - Tried to sign Kieran Gibbs and Jack Wilshere and discovered (using an editor) that because Arsenal classed Man Utd as a rival (90 out of a possible 100%) then the players agents werent interested in speaking to me. As an experiment, I removed that and then everything was fine - could offer them a contact and everything, compared with being rebuffed

I think this is a better feature. I approached Juan Román Riquelme after Boca Juniors accepted my bid and I tried to offer a contract and he wasn't interested in discussing terms with me. I was annoyed at this BUT it makes perfect sense because why would a player enter contract discussions with a team he isn't interested in going to. In FM2010 you could be playing a lower league team and you could splash the cash (of what cash there is) to go for a bigger name player and you'd go straight to the contract negotiations with the player once the bid had been accepted by the club. In this version to me it's more realistic because even though the club can accept the bid if the player isn't interested in going to your club then why would he enter into contract negotiations? Simple answer is he wouldn't.

More realistic for me I would say.

You should be able to offer them a contract regardless. They can't stop you from sending them mail, faxes, emails irl.

And they'll simply ignore them. Do you think that'll be a better implementation? Cue "OMG I offered contract to the player but he doesn't even respond it simply disappears FIX THIS BUG SI!!"

Basically the game just saves you some time.

This is doing my head head in! but....if a player has absolutely no interest in moving then why should there agent waste time in negotiating.

There is however a simple way round this.... offer a player something they can't get with their current employers....take my game as an example, i'm Sunderland and have just signed Balotelli..yes Balotelli ! The reason i could negotiate with him is because i qualified for Europe and Manchester City didnt.

In my first two seasons I wanted Alexis Sanchez but why would he come to England unless he was making a step up....Europe is a step up. For him just simply moving to a mid table club isnt.

I think this is a very realistic feature....top marks SI.

You do but you also get players who don't want to join your club/leave their current one under any circumstances.

No offence to City but could you see Messi leaving Barcelona this January for Eastlands regardless of how much money they offered him?

if they offered 1mil a week, yes

LOL! knew this would happen.

10.3 everyone complained about the huge amounts asked for top players. We tell them it's just a mechanic that means they aren't interested in the move and they just whine it's unrealistic.

We said people would complain just as much if they flat said, 'nope, not joining your team at all'... guess what.

It's sad.

Stupid complaint and quite realistic. It's not a bug it's a feature.

If a player is absolutely satisfied with their current situation their agent has every right to tell another club that they are not interested in negotiating terms and I'm sure it happens quite a lot in real life. SI developed the agents feature with the help of real life football agents so I'd say they have a fair idea about how negotiations occur

On the contrary, I think it's quite UNrealistic. There is no manager in the world who wouldn't listen to an offer for a player. He would of course dismiss it in one second BUT there is no real situation where you offer money to a club, they accept it, then you contact the manager, he says "my client is not interested in joining your club" and then, what? He hangs up (or leaves the meeting, or whatever) and you can't even speak?!? It's unreal. In fact, what you do if you have a Sugar Daddy president, is that after the initial decline you offer an enormous amount of money and the manager would stay and discuss if he values his job (and his enormous fee). Otherwise, clubs like Chelsea and Manchester City would never have signed players when they first started spreading money. Do you imagine that Yaya Toure was approached when playing for Barcelona (having won everything there is in European football) by Manchester City and his manager would say "Oh my God, what a great opportunity!"?

This is exactly the case where you say "never in a million years" and then you hear the price and you call your player to pack his bags.

It's definitely a feature and not a bug, but it still needs fixing.

i think its actually a good thing, instead of wasting time waiting for a player to come to you and say no after offering him a contract you get the answer straight meaning you can move onto the next target straight away without having wasted your own time

Pretty sure u cant offer that amount in the game anyway, was more aluring to the fact they were offered vast sums certainly far more than they are currently on and didnt jump ship, and sum very high figures were banded around for Rooney did he talk to man city when the media was quoting 500k a week?

I actually think this feature improves the game, it saves you time on chasing players that are never going to come to you. I know some players said this in previous years but still came if you offered them enough money......however there was always some players that wouldn't sign no matter how much you offered them.

I think it is a good feature, although shot myself in the foot. tried to renegotiate Insua's contract which expires end of first season. He wanted obsene amount of money so I decided to end negotiations and look for an alternative, however havn't found one so decided to negotiate again, but now he doesn't want to speak to me! Only 6 months left and he may well go for free...thanks Woy!

But I like it, means there are consequences so have to consider everything carefully.

Like everything else this can change, i'm playing as Newcastle and befor the 11/12 season I tried to buy Llorente from Athletic Bilbao after they got relegated from the La Liga.

They accepted my bids but he would not have any contract talks with me, but in the January window Llorente had apparently had enough of low league Spain and Athletic offered him to me for about 47mil NOK (about £4mil) and I he even agreed to my contract offer :-)

On the contrary, I think it's quite UNrealistic. There is no manager in the world who wouldn't listen to an offer for a player. He would of course dismiss it in one second BUT there is no real situation where you offer money to a club, they accept it, then you contact the manager, he says "my client is not interested in joining your club" and then, what? He hangs up (or leaves the meeting, or whatever) and you can't even speak?!? It's unreal. In fact, what you do if you have a Sugar Daddy president, is that after the initial decline you offer an enormous amount of money and the manager would stay and discuss if he values his job (and his enormous fee). Otherwise, clubs like Chelsea and Manchester City would never have signed players when they first started spreading money. Do you imagine that Yaya Toure was approached when playing for Barcelona (having won everything there is in European football) by Manchester City and his manager would say "Oh my God, what a great opportunity!"?

This is exactly the case where you say "never in a million years" and then you hear the price and you call your player to pack his bags.

It's definitely a feature and not a bug, but it still needs fixing.

You're not contacting the manager at all. The only time the manager/club is contacted is when the initial bid is put forward and it's then up to the manager/club to accept the bid and that's all. If it's accepted it's THEN down to the agent and/or player if he wants to open up talks. When you're told "My client is not interested in joining your club" this is the player's AGENT telling you this (or the player himself) - NOT the manager of the club - so it's not unreal at all. The club can accept any bid they feel is viable for a player but if the player is not interested in moving then why should he even think about opening up contract talks to move clubs? The simple answer is he wouldn't so it's not unrealistic at all.

I think it's set up better as you are told then and there by the player/agent that he isn't interested in contract negotiations rather than like in FM2010 you would offer the player a contract just to wait a few days to a week before they came back to you saying that they are not interested or whatever. This way you're not wasting time waiting for the players response.

Right, okay fair enough. Ronaldo isn't interested in negotiating terms, nor have some other players. However, in previous FM versions you could still offer them a contract and they might just take the money like the mercenary bastards that they are but on this version you can't and it's quite annoying.

Fix it please :(

Errrm some players just dont want to join certain clubs

Maybe Ronaldo would join hereford if they offered enough? mmmmmmm perhaps its getting more realistic and you'll have to work harder to build a good team

The problem is that the same happens with young players, and there it is very unrealistic.

I'm ARsenal. Won everything we entered first season, so it's not a matter of reputation. A Dortmund 15 year old midfielder won't even talk to me. I'd offer him 100k a week if he did to sign him, he's basically FAbregas Mark II. In reality a quick "Hey, i'm willing to talk millions per year, not just a few hundred a week here!" to his agent would catch their interest.

Perfectly realistic feature. In real life you wouldn't have a player's cell phone number who you could just call up and offer a ridiculous contract to anyway. Other than his agent, players have multiple people who interested parties have to go through before they ever speak directly to him(the more famous players have more people you have to go through) If at any point along those stages a player's "people" reject even the possibility of him joining your club you wouldn't have a chance to offer him any kind of contract. The final decision may be the player's but there are a number of people who decide for him before it ever reaches that point.

That is what this is simulating and is a nice welcome. Maybe instead of pretending the player is telling you he is not interested the game could give you a message to the effect of, "you have been informed that XX player is not interested in joining your club." Giving the more accurate image of his handlers rejecting you rather than the player himself slaming the door on your foot before you can even get a word out.

The problem is that the same happens with young players, and there it is very unrealistic.

I'm ARsenal. Won everything we entered first season, so it's not a matter of reputation. A Dortmund 15 year old midfielder won't even talk to me. I'd offer him 100k a week if he did to sign him, he's basically FAbregas Mark II. In reality a quick "Hey, i'm willing to talk millions per year, not just a few hundred a week here!" to his agent would catch their interest.

actually i find this extremelly realistic. you are trying to sign a 15 year old kid from dortmund

1. dortmund is not exactly a small club.

2. the majority of young players stay at their country IRL

3. what about his hidden attributes? he may be fiercely loyal to the club

to OP, imho this is making the game far more realistic. there will always be people that no matter what do not talk to you or your club. loyalty, rivalry, european qualification, reputation etc... play a role in this irl (also how happy the player is at his club)

You're not contacting the manager at all. The only time the manager/club is contacted is when the initial bid is put forward and it's then up to the manager/club to accept the bid and that's all. If it's accepted it's THEN down to the agent and/or player if he wants to open up talks. When you're told "My client is not interested in joining your club" this is the player's AGENT telling you this (or the player himself) - NOT the manager of the club - so it's not unreal at all. The club can accept any bid they feel is viable for a player but if the player is not interested in moving then why should he even think about opening up contract talks to move clubs? The simple answer is he wouldn't so it's not unrealistic at all.

I think it's set up better as you are told then and there by the player/agent that he isn't interested in contract negotiations rather than like in FM2010 you would offer the player a contract just to wait a few days to a week before they came back to you saying that they are not interested or whatever. This way you're not wasting time waiting for the players response.

You obviously misunderstood me, because I used the Greek term (in Greece we refer to the player's agents by the term "manager"). This is exactly what I meant by "manager", i.e. the player's agent. And yes, it is a different thing to call the player (which you never do nowadays) and a different thing to call his agent who may decline any interest on the part of his client but he will still be willing to - at least - hear you out. This feature in the game is shutting you up altogether! Also, bear in mind that we have seen, especially in my country, players refusing any negotiations and they ultimately end up signing for clubs they have never imagined they would have. Out of the recent history I would just remind you that we have seen in the Greek league players like Giovani (direct transfer from Barca), Rivaldo, Karembeu, Gilberto Silva (direct transfer from Arsenal), Govou, Djibril Cisse to name but a few. Similar cases (even more frequent) can be found in the Turkish league. Common factor in all these cases is the money. From what we have seen in the press, in most of these cases the players' agents initially declined any intention from the part of the player to move to a Greek club, and yet they finally do. This means that somewhere between "I'm not interested in" and the final contract, the teams are able to offer money that can wield the player's initial refusal.

Also, you have to note that even in FM10 you could avoid waisting your time since, in such cases, the player would say he is not interested in moving to your club. If you liked, you could withdraw from any contract talks, or you could waist your time in contract negotiations that very rarely ended up in a deal

I like this feature a lot. I play as Manchester United, and I have encountered the same issue with young players (I don't go for star players so I wouldn't know about that). The next Terry is playing for Stuttgart, 18 years old, and fortunately I was able to table an acceptable bid while they had some trouble renewing his contract. The agent said no to negotiations. I'm in the process of building a relationship with him for a possible transfer in the future (before he becomes a star).

And I am kinda glad. Because I like to feel good when I sign a hugely talanted player. If I get everything I point at, then that won't happen. Sometimes Real swoops in and captures my target even though they offered less in wages (some players like Real for some reason), and sometimes players don't want to leave their club, either out of loyalty, fear of the unknown, or because they think their development will be better served at their current club. So if there are a few (many if you're in the lower leagues) that got away, it adds to the game for me, not subtracts.

In real life, this happens all the time, look at Fergusons back catalog of players that got away. Gazza (who just might have been better off with Fergusons Iron Fist), Shearer, Batistuta, Ronaldinho, etc. Players who did not chose United because of money, vanity, culture, and other reasons. I'm sure there are many that we never know about because they just never negotiated as well. It happens in real life, and I'm glad it is finally happening in FM too.

Not actually sure how it's more realistic. You can put offers in for players who will reject you anyway - fairly sure every top club or player in the world has received stupid or outlandish bids or offers for their players. I can fax Ronaldo's agent an offer for the 50p coin in my pocket, but he will of course laugh it off.

Not actually sure how it's more realistic. You can put offers in for players who will reject you anyway - fairly sure every top club or player in the world has received stupid or outlandish bids or offers for their players. I can fax Ronaldo's agent an offer for the 50p coin in my pocket, but he will of course laugh it off.

For some players certain clubs will just not interest them for all sorts of reasons. Players are known to turned down big clubs for big money because they don't want to spend season after season warming the bench, other players dont mind.

To introduce this does make the game more realistic. So far all here is that for thoise people that don't like it, they don't like it because its harder to sign players. Thats a great feature, uts realistic and make sthe game more challenging

For some players certain clubs will just not interest them for all sorts of reasons. Players are known to turned down big clubs for big money because they don't want to spend season after season warming the bench, other players dont mind.

To introduce this does make the game more realistic. So far all here is that for thoise people that don't like it, they don't like it because its harder to sign players. Thats a great feature, uts realistic and make sthe game more challenging

That's the point - you can't turn down an offer without there being, well, an offer!

You should be able to stick an offer in and get it turned down for whatever reason.

And there may be a slight chance the player will jump ship anyway, because he wasn't expecting that sort of offer (it may be ten times what he was expecting).

In fairness, its understandable that everyone has different views, as far as being declined outright, the player would of course send the agent to discuss terms or to say they are not interested in doing business, however I believe people do have a point, that you could at least with some players be able to say to the agent, we would offer this much with these bonuses and hope for the best. But you have to think. There are some agents out there, who are just interested in the money they would make from the moves (these really should be the ones who would listen to the offers) but there are some (a minority from what I've heard) who would turn down the move in the best interests of the client.

I must admit though, when I got this message from players on FM10, (apart from a few) I would immediately pull out of the transfer. If they don't want to come, whats the point in going further. There are a few I really wanted, and I knew they'd come anyway with the right offer of course. (Only done it with Edinson Cavani, Diego Lugano)

But there are some cases in football, where a good player would sign for a lower rep club, regardless of whether its a step down or not - To get regular first team football, and attract bigger clubs. (This I found with Gago in FM10) Signed him first season with Bolton, second season he wanted to move to a bigger team, because Tottenham and Villa were interested.

Rooney didnt, and John Terry didnt, and Kaka didnt, so im pretty sure Messi wouldnt either...

Rooney and Terry didn't have offers from City.

Kaka and Eto'o didn't, Robinho, Tevez, Adebayor, Toure, Toure, de Jong, Barry, Kolorov, Bridge, Lescott, Boateng, Silva, Santa Cruz, Balotelli, Milner and Given all did. That's 8:1 in favour, in terms of raw probability, which was the only criteria you openly used.

Players can be swayed by money. At very least, we should be able to make an offer. If he still doesn't want to come, he won't accept it.

Rooney and Terry didn't have offers from City.

Kaka and Eto'o didn't, Robinho, Tevez, Adebayor, Toure, Toure, de Jong, Barry, Kolorov, Bridge, Lescott, Boateng, Silva, Santa Cruz, Balotelli, Milner and Given all did. That's 8:1 in favour, in terms of raw probability, which was the only criteria you openly used.

Players can be swayed by money. At very least, we should be able to make an offer. If he still doesn't want to come, he won't accept it.

I understand where u are coming from, just trying to offer a suggestion as to why in the game players might flat out refuse to even talk to you. It was well publicised how much per week city were willing to offer Rooney and Terry, whether these figures were correct or whether city would even offer them amounts we will never know, but IF they were willing to pay that amount, which in Terrys case was far more than any player in the world at that time, and same for Rooney, would they not have spoken to them? and is the game just trying to replicate this as best it can at the moment?

I will add that i think a flat out "i dont wanna talk" should maybe just be reserved for a select few, depending on yours and their rep, and there should be more players who will listen and refuse if it is still not what they want.

You obviously misunderstood me, because I used the Greek term (in Greece we refer to the player's agents by the term "manager"). This is exactly what I meant by "manager", i.e. the player's agent. And yes, it is a different thing to call the player (which you never do nowadays) and a different thing to call his agent who may decline any interest on the part of his client but he will still be willing to - at least - hear you out. This feature in the game is shutting you up altogether! Also, bear in mind that we have seen, especially in my country, players refusing any negotiations and they ultimately end up signing for clubs they have never imagined they would have. Out of the recent history I would just remind you that we have seen in the Greek league players like Giovani (direct transfer from Barca), Rivaldo, Karembeu, Gilberto Silva (direct transfer from Arsenal), Govou, Djibril Cisse to name but a few. Similar cases (even more frequent) can be found in the Turkish league. Common factor in all these cases is the money. From what we have seen in the press, in most of these cases the players' agents initially declined any intention from the part of the player to move to a Greek club, and yet they finally do. This means that somewhere between "I'm not interested in" and the final contract, the teams are able to offer money that can wield the player's initial refusal.

Also, you have to note that even in FM10 you could avoid waisting your time since, in such cases, the player would say he is not interested in moving to your club. If you liked, you could withdraw from any contract talks, or you could waist your time in contract negotiations that very rarely ended up in a deal

I appologise for this as I did misunderstand you. I didn't realise you were using Greek terminology for this.

You do actually talk to players but these are the younger players who don't have agents (I know this by offering current players new contracts). With the vast majority of players you are dealing with their agents (or managers :)) as we know and you may not call these players up directly so to say but their agents will contact them to say that "X club want's to buy you" which in turn the player then tells the agent that they are not interested in going to that club and that is what the agent then tells us.

Some players in real life may well ask their agent something like "how much are they offering?" purely because they are greedy and just want as much money as possible, but to me the majority of players will get the call from their agents and the player will just have no intention of listening to anything that the club has to offer because they are not interested - period. The player may not like that club, they may not like the manager, may not like the league the club plays in (can you imagine Messi playing for Inverness in the SPL? ;)), may not like certain players of that club etc. All would affect his decision if he was interested or not.

I just personally think it's a more realistic way for the contract negotiations to go as these days players do go through their agents now rather than the way it used to be with the player dealing directly with the club. Now we have to deal with money-grabbing agents which, as I have mentioned, is more realistic to the football world.

This is a bad thing for the game. SI can't possibly know which player would or wouldn't accept a great offer. There's just no way to know, and there are plenty of high caliber players that would play football in some remote village in Siberia if they were offered an offer that they can't refuse.

I don't like the feature. In real life, any big club who has a bid accepted will get to chat to the agent. Any agent would put an offer to his client - he HAS to. If Tottenham had a bid for C.Ronaldo accepted, his agent would say, "Okay, how much?" If Spurs say, "£100,000 per week", yes the agent will probably go, "No thanks," but if they said "£250,000 per week," the agent would undoubtedly take the offer to Ronaldo. Admittedly, it's unlikely he'd move to Spurs at the moment, but the offer SHOULD be able to be made. Fine, turn down Grimsby or Hull outright, but a large (or even large-ish) club should always get at least a hearing. Think how reluctant Robinho was to go to Man City until the money did the talking.

@dfa120374 You have a point and I can see it. Still, I can't understand why I shouldn't be able to even take a wild shot and have it turned down or just lose my precious time waiting for a positive answer that will never come.

@MickeyFelipe & backpackant: I agree completely

That's the point - you can't turn down an offer without there being, well, an offer!

You should be able to stick an offer in and get it turned down for whatever reason.

And there may be a slight chance the player will jump ship anyway, because he wasn't expecting that sort of offer (it may be ten times what he was expecting).

I agree 100%

Archived