Does Height matter?

to clear it up, yes it does. The height attribute is linked to the jumping attribute. If the height was wrong their jumping would be wrong and that would have you never scoring headers etc, so it is very important.

x42bn6 - the cahill thing isnt a bug, its cause of the stats being read differently on FM11, quite a few players stats will actually be different to what the researchers put in, that has been fixed in the new 'research editor' and stats will be as normal in the data patch. What i was told anyway!!

The jumping attribute is the important one, in terms of aerial ability. As far as I am aware the height plays no part in the ME. The sizes of players does differ in 3D but that is about it.
Only jumping matters - height counts for nothing in the match engine.

Not true.

It was changed in FM10.

As well as forming part of the calculation for the jumping attribute it is also used in the match engine. Its used by the player to decide if he needs to jump or not to reach the ball, if so jumping becomes relevant, if not height, strength etc are used.

Not true.

It was changed in FM10.

As well as forming part of the calculation for the jumping attribute it is also used in the match engine. Its used by the player to decide if he needs to jump or not to reach the ball, if so jumping becomes relevant, if not height, strength etc are used.

no, I asked here many times here in latest releases, and all discussions lead to "you only need to look at jumping". researchers told me the same few weeks ago.

Not true.

It was changed in FM10.

I remember reading the same last year, confirmed by some SI bod. Common sense really, Peter Crouch doesn't need to jump for the ball if it's 6ft off the ground but Messi would have to.

Does a players height have an effect in Football manager 2011?

No.

What Cougar's said is correct, but doesn't actually affect their ability to reach a high ball.

That is purely affected by Jumping, plus Strength and Mental attributes.

Peter Crouch doesn't need to jump for the ball if it's 6ft off the ground but Messi would have to.

true he doesn't need, but in FM players like Zigic and Crouch have circa 18/19/20 in jumping but they don't jump like Cannavaro or Cordoba. So jumping in FM is not jumping as "common sense".

How often does this question come up?

Don't believe anyone who tells you that height matters. The Jumping attribute is the player's "reach" in the game and this includes his height. Height is in fact the most important factor for the Jumping attribute (that's why Cahill's Jumping is much lower than Crouch's Jumping, Crouch is simply a lot taller and will win a duel in the air most of the times).

So: No, height does not have a direct effect in the game. You can ignore it.

How often does this question come up?

Don't believe anyone who tells you that height matters. The Jumping attribute is the player's "reach" in the game and this includes his height. Height is in fact the most important factor for the Jumping attribute (that's why Cahill's Jumping is much lower than Crouch's Jumping, Crouch is simply a lot taller and will win a duel in the air most of the times).

So: No, height does not have a direct effect in the game. You can ignore it.

It comes up on a regular basis and its disappointing that many users haven't updated their own knowledge to take account of the changes last year.

I stand by my earlier post especially as it was confirmed last year by PaulC who is the man responsible for the ME.

Archived