Messi offers Ronaldo... (Agents offerring players)

Okay, not really happened but I've had a situation when an agent named freakin' MESSI offered some rubbish player called RONALDO. I believe current system of agent offering can be a bit confusing with having name of an agent, name of a player and name of a team all congested into one relatively short sentence.

Especially silly is having the name of an agent first, which only add to the confusion. Who the agent is is not really important. What is important is the player who was offered, after that the club he plays in and at the very last place is the name of the agent.

IMHO, much better format would be: Player Name, followed by the team he plays for in the brackett, offered by agent. So, for example if THE Lionel Messi was offered it would look like this:

Lionel Messi (Barcelona) offered by agent.

There is really no need to know agent name, this way we avoid unnecessary confusion, it's shorter and easier to understand.

What say ye?

i really cant see where the issue is here

Johnson offers Q.P.R's Taarabt

(agent) offers (team's) (player) reads more than fine

is the issue with the order of the news or the fact that there is an agent called Messi, bearing in mind that with the billions of people in the world, some of them are bound to share the same name

is the issue with the order of the news or the fact that there is an agent called Messi, bearing in mind that with the billions of people in the world, some of them are bound to share the same name

Because the most logical order would be to display most important piece of information first, which is the player in question, followed by team he plays for (second most important) and lastly (and not really needed since no one remembers agents and they are made up) name of the agent.

In transfer window you often get dozens of offerings in addition to other news, a small change that would make it all easier to read and "get" information. It gets more confusing when dealing with teams, players and agents outside our own culture. Would you find it easy if the news would say: "Rajkovic offers Obilic's Trajkovic" ? No, you'd had to wait, remind yourself that agent's name is the first, followed by team and then the player.

Format: "Trajkovic (Obilic) offered by agent" would make it much clearer.

I think it's for people like myself who only scim-read the news items because most of it is stuff I'm not interested in so I only read it if the headline grabs my eye. The name of a player first would make things quicker to read.

Would you find it easy if the news would say: "Rajkovic offers Obilic's Trajkovic" ?

Well, yes. It's obvious from that format that Obilic is the name of the club and hence Trajkovic is the name of the player. I'm a little baffled that people are finding that confusing. Still, I suppose the format that you suggest would be fine too, so if many people are struggling I guess it could be changed.

Because the most logical order would be to display most important piece of information first, which is the player in question, followed by team he plays for (second most important) and lastly (and not really needed since no one remembers agents and they are made up) name of the agent.

In transfer window you often get dozens of offerings in addition to other news, a small change that would make it all easier to read and "get" information. It gets more confusing when dealing with teams, players and agents outside our own culture. Would you find it easy if the news would say: "Rajkovic offers Obilic's Trajkovic" ? No, you'd had to wait, remind yourself that agent's name is the first, followed by team and then the player.

Format: "Trajkovic (Obilic) offered by agent" would make it much clearer.

i find the first option very clear personally, and makes more sense as a sentance than your suggestion (<club's> <player> offered by <agent> would make more sense to me but i am possibly being pedantic in this instance)

I know it's a silly question but just say if you tested the agents part of the game and started 10 new saved games, would every player be at the same agent in all 10 newly created saved games ?

If that is a YES, then it's amazing how Sports Interactive could get correct every player to the correct agents all over the world.

I agree with the op and as much as I appreciate the game I can not understand how si get this small things wrong considering they have people testing and what not...

Well as opinion is split in this thread I'm sure you will find the same across the forums. So what do SI do, make a custom game for everyone or just go with the option that feels right and has tested ok. Personally I have no issue with how it is now. But having said that one of the other examples was good also. Its often the small things that are the hardest to get right.

I know it's a silly question but just say if you tested the agents part of the game and started 10 new saved games, would every player be at the same agent in all 10 newly created saved games ?

If that is a YES, then it's amazing how Sports Interactive could get correct every player to the correct agents all over the world.

what does that have to do with anything?

I was talking about the order of the words. about the way the sentence was phrased. You tend to look at the first name and the first name unfortunately is the agent's name and not the player's name.

Well as opinion is split in this thread I'm sure you will find the same across the forums. So what do SI do, make a custom game for everyone or just go with the option that feels right and has tested ok. Personally I have no issue with how it is now. But having said that one of the other examples was good also. Its often the small things that are the hardest to get right.

yea but there's a lot of small things that are so obvious. For instance, the player interaction thing...that feature is actually not so small but it's SO poorly done and it's so obvious how crappy it is... I don't understand why they didn't work harder on that. They also said they were gonna revamp completely the press stuff...yeah right.

I still love the game, and it's by far the best out there but I can't help but be annoyed but certain things, specially when there's clearly a lack of effort.

Is this really an issue. What's wrong with just reading the sentence? I don't get the confusion.

No it's not an "Oh my God, SI fix this ASAP, game is unplayable!!!" issue. It is a minor problem that's adding to confusion as there is already a huge number of news. If you skimp through them, it is quite hard to get who's being offered by whom, and judging by the responses, quite a few players have the same issue. Changing the format wouldn't spoil the game for anyone and it would make it easier to navigate for many others.

Archived