Ideas for FM2012

I have a few things, but have no idea how to put them forward to the development team

1.) Some managers like to try their hand at being a match day pundit..

You get an invite to be a pundit on a game which is being shown on tv.. (not your own team)

You watch the full match in say tv view, and have some kind of interaction at half time and full time in like a studio setting..

The outcome would be to your rep as a manager, Relationship with the media, etc

2.) Training open days,

When a bank holiday comes around, you could be given the option to hold a training open day,

The out come would be an improvement to your fanbase

3.) ticket prices change

I have noticed that ticket prices dont seem to change, no matter what the competion or league your in or standard of team your playing against, this would not happen in real life! prices do go up and down

So what do ya think? :confused:

:thdn::thup:

Being able to compare staff members! Maybe I'm just lazy, but I do think this would save me some time.

P.S. If I'm being dense and you can actually do this already, please feel free to mock and then enlighten me...

Couple of things i wouldnt mind seeing are

dynamic rivalries - FM10 i'd met Juventus a few times in Champions league final all being close games them winnign one year me another and also facing them in the UEFA cup and semi finals of Champions league, would have been nice to have seen a little rivalry building up, and also 10 years of fighting for the Prem with Man city.

Individual touchline shouts - So many times have i wanted to tell Cattermole to calm down (although who doesnt) :), especially now with the added motivations showing players becoming ill disciplined, maybe a lil shout to tell him to take it easy? or perhaps telling your young midfielder to keep it simple?, althougth i wouldnt want the match day experience to be one of constantly shouting little things at everyone, too much micro management could become annoying.

what about an emotion button,for example when man city scored yesterday mancici didnt show any emotion and just sat in the dugout or if you score a goal in the 93rd minute you could select the option to run up and down the touchline like mourinhio did a few years ago at old trafford.you could also have the option to shout abuse to the officals if you feel agrieved by a refs decision against youre team.this could lead to questions in the post match press conference as well.what do yous think?

Being able to compare staff members! Maybe I'm just lazy, but I do think this would save me some time.

P.S. If I'm being dense and you can actually do this already, please feel free to mock and then enlighten me...

Yeah I agree with this. You can compare players, so why not staff? +1 vote here.

I would like to see a better media/conversation engine. There needs to be options rather than just 5. More variety in the questions which will provide more outcomes. Clicking on the same worded answer each time is not fun at all, just repetitive and boring.

I do think it's funny though that the game has only been out for 4 days and people are already asking for new features for the next game in... 360ish days LOL.

modifying ticket prices has absolutely nothing to do with the manager. these decisions are made by the board. editing these figures would ultimately lead to players cheating their way to extra money by lowering tickets week on week, then skyrocketing prices for a big game. from the management games i have played through the years with this option i always exploited it.

there is no direct way to compare non playing staff which would be a welcome addition, however one solution is, when searching for staff, edit the filters so your own staff are included in the search. not ideal by any means but may help some.

• SI Staff
3.) ticket prices change

I have noticed that ticket prices dont seem to change, no matter what the competion or league your in or standard of team your playing against, this would not happen in real life! prices do go up and down

Ticket prices do actually change dynamically in the game when teams move up and down the league ladder and their reputation changes. Also, different competitions have different ticket pricing. The team information screen only lists average ticket prices for the regular league matches, whereas other competitions such as domestic cups and continental matches all have their ticket prices set separately based on each competition.

The match pundit is a terrible idea. People are moaning and complaining about press conferences where they have to answer generic questions, what would commenting A WHOLE MATCH do?! Probably make their heads explode into tiny fragments. Awful.

Training on Bank holidays would only be eligible for UK. Not sure how many other countries have that sort of thing (I know Sweden doesn't, they hardly have any physical banks anymore). This would make the feature pretty pointless.

Couple of things i wouldnt mind seeing are

dynamic rivalries - FM10 i'd met Juventus a few times in Champions league final all being close games them winnign one year me another and also facing them in the UEFA cup and semi finals of Champions league, would have been nice to have seen a little rivalry building up, and also 10 years of fighting for the Prem with Man city.

Individual touchline shouts - So many times have i wanted to tell Cattermole to calm down (although who doesnt) :), especially now with the added motivations showing players becoming ill disciplined, maybe a lil shout to tell him to take it easy? or perhaps telling your young midfielder to keep it simple?, althougth i wouldnt want the match day experience to be one of constantly shouting little things at everyone, too much micro management could become annoying.

Dynamic Rivalries already Exist. When you're about to face an opponent in a high-profile tough game, use the different media interaction tools like 'Comment on Manager' and 'Press conferences' to manipulate your opponent. Simple Mind Games. Slowly, over 3-4 such occassions against the same opponent a rivalry can be created between two managers/clubs. I'm playing Swiss League and I've already gotten a light rivalry going with Luzern, apart from my default rivalries with Zurich, Young Boys BSC & Basel.

While Individual shouts aren't available, you can ask Cattermole to do what you want in a few extra clicks. You could go to Tactics -> Player Instructions -> Advanced (in the right hand panel). Here you will find all the different settings you can tweak to change his mentality, tackling instensity, aggression etc. I know it qualifies as 'micro-management', but until they do introduce what you're asking them, you can use this.

Maybe a little something on the add new manager page. You can enter favourite club so why not also place of birth - could spon off some more commentary etc.

Maybe.

I think that you should be able to set which languages you speak, for example. So you can set up to, say 3, extra languages you can speak, and up to what level (beginner, intermediate, expert, native), thus increasing the chance you'll get a job in countries that speak that language. I've recently been trying a few games in the Hungarian leagues on FM10, and have been setting my second nationality as Hungarian, but I'm not a native speaker (yet :))

Archived