Early Retirement? Aquilani

Hello,

I've tried to search for this topic and couldn't find it anywhere. In my game playing as Liverpool's manager, during season 3, Alberto Aquilani is going to retire at the end of the season, he's only 27! surly there must be somthing wrong? I can't even speak to him about it at the moment or transfer list him. Anyone had this happen to them?

And also, I've read that it's hard to sell players only during the first season. I've had this problem even during the third season. I've bought players from alot of teams on a free because I'm guessing they couldn't sell them too. I've offered Ngog, Aquilani, Babel, Konchesky, amongst others for free and no takers at various stages during the second and third season.

Rubén de la Red retired at 25 (stopped playing at 23) due to a heart problem, I'm not sure if the game simulates such cases, but there you go, things happen.

I'm sure de la Red isn't the first one to retire at a young age, most that do have medical reasons behind the retirement, though..

Yeah both of those for injury/medical reasons, non medical reasons are very rare and close to impossible for top players. So you guys are guessing that this is just the game randomly deciding Aquilani has had enough?

I don't think it particularly adds anything to the game if random players are selected to be retired, especially when it's almost impossible for top players to retire for no medical or physical reason at such an early age and based on what criteria is this selected in the game anyway

Yeah both of those for injury/medical reasons, non medical reasons are very rare and close to impossible for top players. So you guys are guessing that this is just the game randomly deciding Aquilani has had enough?

I don't think it particularly adds anything to the game if random players are selected to be retired, especially when it's almost impossible for top players to retire for no medical or physical reason at such an early age and based on what criteria is this selected in the game anyway

As I said above its most likely because he can't get a new contract (at a level he feels he should be at).

Medically induced and 'can't get a contract' type retirements have been in the game a long time.

I remember in 09 Daniel Sturridge generally retired every save at 20 when his city contract was up.

His contract still has 2 years left on it.

I'd imagine that's due to injury reasons - if a player continually picks up knocks, eventually they'll call time on their career.

In the 2 seasons of my game so far, he's been injured a total of only 6 times...3 of those were for a few days. and the other 3 were for a period of 2 weeks, 3 weeks, and the maximum was 4 weeks. Doesn't sounds excessive to me? In fact it's one of the few players who hasn't been injured much.

In the 2 seasons of my game so far, he's been injured a total of only 6 times...3 of those were for a few days. and the other 3 were for a period of 2 weeks, 3 weeks, and the maximum was 4 weeks. Doesn't sounds excessive to me? In fact it's one of the few players who hasn't been injured much.

Which considering his career to date, is odd. Still, if that is the case Neil may want to revise his statement and I still think its worth logging as a bug.

I think if the injury was the same every time, or repeated several times (doesn't have to be in a succession) it could lead to an early retirement.

I think if the injury was the same every time, or repeated several times (doesn't have to be in a succession) it could lead to an early retirement.

Different Injuries each time. Below are the injuries since I started the game

Facial Injury/ 7 Days

Broken Cheekbone/ 4 Weeks

Dead Leg/ 4 Days

Twisted Ankle/ 3 Weeks

Bruised Rib/ 5 Days

Calf Strain/ 2 Weeks

Have you been playing him regularly?

You also said you've been offering him around to other clubs...maybe it's made him unhappy and disillusioned...

Actually the first season he wasn't with me at all..he was at Juventus and played the whole season. Came back to me and I did offer him to clubs eventually moving on loan. But if that's the case, again going back to what I said earlier. How many top players stop playing because one club doesn't want them? it's extremely rare if not unrealistic I think.

His wages are huge so him leaving is not an issue for me! But I just feel it would be annoying that you could easily get someone to retire when it's totally unrealistic if it keeps happening which is why I wanted to make sure it isn't a bug. Again I mention this for top players, not the lower leagues or something.

Archived