Still Unable to DL FM2011 from Steam - HELP!

Hi there,

I bought FM 2011 via Steam on Friday (well, Thursday at midnight) and I still haven't been able to use it. It keeps saying the server is too busy.

I've done some research and found out it's not a server capacity problme. Steam's FAQ suggests deleting certain files but am still unable to access the game and Steam support still haven't got back to my initial request for help.

This is quite frustrating as the only reason I went via steam was to get immediate access to the game. I just wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem or has any suggestions?

Thanks,

Alex

Yep, tried every download region imaginable and none of them work! I think I must have tried downloading it about 70-80 times over the course of the weekend! Should have just bought it from the shop but don't really want to spend another £25-30 on the same game.

No I haven't - I'll give that a go tonight though. Thought there might be a small chance of losing the other games I have on there too. Willing to take that risk though now. I need to play FM 2011!

You'd still have them or at least be able to download them again I would have thought.

I've gone through all the Steam FAQs, including the link above. Honestly, I've tried all of them! If re-installing Steam doesn't work I will officially have run out of options and Steam don;t answer my requests for help.

Might just have to re-buy the game and try and get my money back from them.

This is the first time I've downloaded a game rather than buying it. I thought pre-loading it sounded like a great way to get the game first thing Friday but now I'm in a really annoying position. No Steam support. No prospect of playing the game anytime soon. Do I buy another version? If I do, will I get money back (unlikely).

I'm not an IT idiot but even if I was, should people have to search through FAQs and internet forums to find out how to get a game to install?

All I want to do it take over PAFC. The way things are going I've got more chance of doing that IRL!

No I haven't - I'll give that a go tonight though. Thought there might be a small chance of losing the other games I have on there too. Willing to take that risk though now. I need to play FM 2011!

All you'd have to do is reinstall them to your computer so you won't lose them.

This - basically;

Completely exit from the Steam client.

Go to C:\Program Files\Steam (or the Steam directory that was specified during installation).

Locate ClientRegistry.blob and rename this file to ClientRegistryOld.blob.

Restart Steam to allow the file to be recreated.

I don't have any clientregistry.blob files on my Mac. Did a search on spotlight to check I'm not missing it. I don;t even have an application support folder for Steam. I have one other game downloaded from Steam which works fine. No problems downloading Steam in the first place.

Archived