Mac version of FM11 doesn't require serial key?

Hi, I bought FM11 through the Gamersgate website and wasn't provided a serial key that works with the Mac version. (This is a common complaint that seems to be happening to everyone who bought the game for Mac through this site) I contacted their customer support and they're telling me the Mac version doesn't need a serial key. Could someone please confirm/deny this and if it's true explain what I need to do to activate my game. Thanks! (Email conversation below)

---------------------------

(Gamersgate customer support wrote)

Hi

The Mac version is DRM free.

SEGA made something strange though. There is some kind of security popping up, but just delete that and the game will run as normal.

Best Regards

Andreas

Customer Support Manager

GamersGate

On 2010-11-06 16:29, Smiddy wrote:

> Ticket: 101106-40921

> User: Smiddy

> Product: DD-FM2011MAC (Football Manager 2011 Mac)

>

> Message

> I bought this game yesterday and I'm being told the serial key you gave me is the incorrect length. I've tried entering it with and without the dashes included in the key.

>

> In checking Game Tutor this key apparently only works on the PC version. As buying this product gives me both the Mac and PC versions I should have gotten a serial key that works for Mac as well. When can I expect to be able to play this game?

Having the same problems with my buyers on FootManager.net.

The problem is that the mac version is supposed to be DRM FREE, so no activation key is ent, and when you say, "You will need a serial key to activate the Mac digital download version of the game" I'm a bit confused here. Any solutions really ?

• SI Staff

The Mac version is DRM free insofar as if you install from the disk you only need the disk in the drive to play/install it via Steam. Obviously both of the digital download purchase options (Steam/eSellerate) will require activation though.

Obviously both of the digital download purchase options (Steam/eSellerate) will require activation though.

There are more digital download purchase options than these two though aren't there? I bought the game from Gamersgate, from a link that was on the Sigames site, and have the same issue as the OP (and received exactly the same response from Gamersgate as the OP).

So as per the OP, how do I activate the game for the Mac?

I'm not talking about the Steam or the DVD version.

I'll try to summarize : SEGA sent to its digital resellers a DRM free version on MAC. Therefore, there is no activation key sent in the emails after purchase. But the problem is that the game runs exaclty like the demo (6 months of gameplay) and a popup from esellerate shows up asking you to activate the game, for 22.95€ I think. But the player has already bought the game around 45€... see the problem ?

Thanks Ant.

Looks like Gamersgate have actually stopped selling the Mac version now due to this issue, but haven't so far bothered to contact me as one of their customers with any update.

As it is currently, I've paid them full whack for what is essentially a glorified demo.

Looking forward to a resolution...

Oh dear...

An update from Gamersgate

"Hi

Unfortunately Sega have not been able to solve their little mishap and we have decided not to wait any further for a solution and will start refunding all orders for the MAC version of this game.

This email is sent to all of you who bought this game but the refunds must be taken cared of manually during the day.

Best Regards

Andreas

Customer Support Manager

GamersGate"

But gamersgate can't give you your money back.. They do't no who has an mac and an pc.. I don't have get this e mail.. but i have buy'd this game..

This is very sad.. Next time i'm going to the shop to buy that game..

when has this problem been remedied?

Archived