Is this realistic?

p><p>Somehow, I

Don't get me wrong: I'm enjoying the player interaction and think it is a great step forward in terms of making you feel like you're managing a group of real players, but I am finding some of these conversations slightly unrealistic and it's looking like a lottery in terms of reactions to certain comments.

Of course, one option would be to be to avoid too many conversations, but that would be a waste of a potentially great feature.

The player interaction feature is very much hit n' miss I think. I've had the same thing happening and it kinda puts me off talking to my players sometimes. The idea is brilliant and with the right amount of work on the implementation it can become interesting again.

That conversation, in that context, doesn't even have 1% realism in it. Human beings, especially in a professional environment, do NOT act this way. Not even the most pigheaded, immature or just plain stupid player would see praise for a genuinely good performance as a provocation, and the fact that Diaby thought he played 'rubbish' even though he nearly scored a 8.0 in the previous match just shows how poorly implemented this feature really is. It begs the question why this problem even exists, considering all the progress that's supposedly been made in areas like these. We have a brand new game now and the fact that we still have to endure situations like these is fast becoming unacceptable, at least for me.

Abou Diaby may, for some reason, disagree with his manager about his last performance. Even though there is a consensus that he, in fact, played very well, he still might think it was below his standards. There's no problem with this, at all; it is the fact that he blew his top because of it that's so disappointing. It doesn't matter how unprofessional a player is, he won't argue with his manager because of simple praise. If the relationship between the player and the manager was frosty, the player in question would probably just shrug his shoulders at the praise and wait until the meeting was over. Something like that. He wouldn't, however, throw the praise right back in the manager's face as if he's been personally insulted. Additionally, I very much doubt that the player can just end the meeting right there and leave, without giving the manager (the boss) a chance to reply. Even today, when the players have more power, they can't just say 'I stand by what I said, I don't like you praising me and I'm going now. See ya!' That would irrevocably damage the relationship with the manager and probably get the player fined or demoted. All this and for what? Praise for a good performance?

Archived