Star ratings of players seem have dropped strangely.

Playing as AFC Wimbledon, I selected top half finish, (the default) expectation which I believe sets the Star rating base line for a team by which all players are judged. My inheritted squad all were about 3 stars or less. I bought in a load of freebies, my top 20 players then were all 4 to 5 star. Sudenly when the season starts for real (competitive games) the rating for all is adjusted down by approx 1.5 to 2 stars each back to a similar overall level of the original squad, though the original players dropped also accordingly. I cant understand this. My players are as good as a few days ago, nothing has changed except I asked for and got £2K per week extra wage wage budget from the board. As star rating seems dynamic & linked to expectation is this the reason, or does anyone know why?

Confused!

Also, I think that it is also based on reflection of your best player. So if you had all 4 to 5 then sign someone much better that your 5 star they all get assessed down

You may well be right, but what is the point of that!. I though last year it was confirmed that the star rating defines "how good a player is for the team in relation to the Club's aim for the season", so if the ratings for all other players reduce just because you have a star player....I dont get it?

I did change my Ass Man but the drop in stars coincided with the wage budget adjustment - not the signing of the new Ass Man. Really would like official guidance on this.

Also my top player now is 3.5 to 4 stars, not the full 5.

I thought the star rating system was simply relative to the skill of the player in the league he is currently based off the scout/ass man's report/scouting ability.

"This player is a Good..." 3 - 3.5 Stars

"Quality..." 3.5 - 4

"Leading..." 4 - 5

Definitely not, other players in your team play a part in the calculation, probably a main part of it.

I think they're just relative to the average 'rating' (squad status? CA/PA? reputation?) of your squad. So 3 stars means they are a decent first team/rotation player, and anything higher means they're standouts for your squad. The only way you could have any five star players, for instance, was if they were vastly better than the rest of your team.

Archived