Direct2Drive and Mac

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I've encountered this issue after I've already bought the Windows version. Been using the Windows version since the release of the game but switched to a Mac a couple of weeks ago. As you can imagine I'm also looking to use my FM 2011 on my Mac without dual booting or virtual machines. So I sent in a ticket to Direct2Drive who informed me that they do not have the Mac version and it's therefore Windows only :-( Anyone know if it's possible to sell on a digital version of a game so I can use the money to buy a boxed version?

If you get it via steam it let's you use either version, so when you are bored posing with your mac you can go and buy a proper computer and still play the game. ;)

I just don't understand steam hate.

Then again I don't get the Mac hate ;-) But I'm not interested in getting into a useless format discussion :-) Direct2Drive was cheaper than the Steam version back then so I opted for them instead of Steam. A mistake in hindsight. I'm just a tad disappointed that I'm not able to use my game on a Mac like Steam users and buyers of boxed copies can. Looks like I have to rebuy this specific title but I won't be using Direct2Drive in future.

Then again I don't get the Mac hate ;-) But I'm not interested in getting into a useless format discussion :-) Direct2Drive was cheaper than the Steam version back then so I opted for them instead of Steam. A mistake in hindsight. I'm just a tad disappointed that I'm not able to use my game on a Mac like Steam users and buyers of boxed copies can. Looks like I have to rebuy this specific title but I won't be using Direct2Drive in future.

Hehe. Ironically I prefer apple software, anyone who had used Appature over Photoshop will understand that. I just don't get why apple makes it so difficult for games designers to make their games compatable. I've had nothing but trouble with direct to drive and compatability issues that I've actually rebought games on steam just for my own sanity.

My old pc died a month ago (perfect timing for new superfast fm playing!) and steam made everything so easy. Install steam (5min) try to remember which email address and password I used (20 min) and left it running over night and I had all my games back. For some games I even have my save games on the cloud via steam.

Archived