Players Rejecting Contracts.

I've had a couple of instances with players/staff where i have succesfully agreed contracts terms with Agent and Player (on occasions i have managed to lower the player wages a bit by either increasing the agent fee or signing on fee). However a couple of days later they have rejected it, even though they were happy with what was put on the table initially. Anyone know why this could be?

Probably because they got some better deal by some other club after you agreed terms with them or just because the interest for acquiring their services have gone up, I have noticed that players that some bigger teams are showing interest for suddenly demand bigger wages, the interest by other clubs for certain players can rise as a result of your dealing with them, especially if an agent is involved.

If they already agreed, then outright reject without a reason, then I would say it's a bug

If they're rejecting it in favour of joining another club, then probably not a bug

I presume they haven't said they've changed their minds and they now want more have they?

Probably because they got some better deal by some other club after you agreed terms with them or just because the interest for acquiring their services have gone up, I have noticed that players that some bigger teams are showing interest for suddenly demand bigger wages, the interest by other clubs for certain players can rise as a result of your dealing with them, especially if an agent is involved.

This here is your answer, if you read what they say at the end it is "I want to look at all channels open to me" or something similar and then they sign or reject...They never say "We definitely will sign"

I think this is intentional to more closely follow real life. ie: get an offer from one club, and ask for more than that in subsequent offers. Some players (I guess) would come back and ask for more from you if they liked you (ie your reputation was high enough), and your club?

You just have to go to the table again. I was negotiating with a free agent. He was happy with the terms but wanted to think about it for a couple of days. Rejected it and he didn't sign for anyone else so evidentially felt he could hold out for me. And he got more the git. I went back to the table and we eventually got him to sign. Sometimes though people won't want to enter talks straight away again I've found

I was negotiating with a free agent. He was happy with the terms but wanted to think about it for a couple of days. Rejected it and he didn't sign for anyone else so evidentially felt he could hold out for me.

Ah, but did he say that as a reason for rejecting? Or was it just a rejection?

It might not be a bug per se, but the news items defiantly needs to be altered. If he has rejected because he has decided the original contract now doesn't sound as good as before, the news item needs to reflect this.

My understanding is, people are getting straight rejection with no explanation, even though they've said in the negotiation screen that they were happy to think about the offer... this is an issue (minor one granted)

Archived