Being decimated by injuries

Is anyone else having their squad destroyed by multiple serious injuries?

So far, I've lost several of my key players to long term injuries - kelvin wilson (torn calf muscle) 3-4 months, chris cohen (torn hamstring) 3-4 months, enzo maresca (torn calf muscle) 3-4 months and rob earnshaw (broken leg (lower)) 7-8 months

and several squad players - garath mccleary (torn calf muscle) 3-4 months, nathan tyson (torn calf muscle) 3-4 months, jay demerit (torn hamstring) 3-4 months and dele adebola (broken arm) 6-8 weeks.

The same happened when i played as man city on the demo, losing most of my better players to serious injuries during matches. Is there something in my training schedules causing this? (i haven't been playing tired or unfiy players in matches) Is it a bug in the first release? Or is it a classic FM skank on a par with the games where you have 30 shots on target to 1 and lose 1-0?

I'm getting quite a few injuries. I'm Liverpool, and I'm in November at the moment, and Torres, Mereiles, Cole, Afellay, Jovanovic, Maxi, Poulsen, Agger and Lucas have all been out for a significant period of time, that is, at least a couple of weeks, usually over a month. It's not been too bad though I guess, I've never been forced into starting a player I didn't deem fit enough or ready for first team football because of injuries.

On the two demo games I played, and this current one, I've had players breaking their legs. On my first demo, with man city, Bale broke it. On my second demo, with Liverpool, Poulsen broke it. On this save, Kuyt has just broken it.

I would say that the injuries need tweaking a bit, but not a huge amount. I pretty much expect to have a couple of players injured most of the time anyway, as that tends to be the case in the real game.

I think it depends how much depth you have in your squad. Playing a lower league game for one season, I was getting probably one serious (3-6 weeks or so) injury every four or five matches. I had one season-ending injury in that time. I was able to cover without too many issues, obviously missing important players weakens the side you're putting out, but I accepted that.

Most of my players were part-timers and it was in Blue Square South, even though I was tackling and pressing hard, that may mean there was less pressure on their bodies.

Luck, and training.

I've noticed that if you push harder in training with either lower quality, or not enough coaches, injuries are more common. Maybe this was the same in FM10 (I wouldn't be sure as I never gave a lot of in depth thought to it) but it seems immediately apparent in FM11. Try dropping your training intensity a notch and see.

Archived