"To buy, not to buy, that is the question"

Hey all, how's everyone going?

Don't know if this is a stupid question or not but I'm having a real good dilemma whether to buy the game or not. Rest assured I will end up buying the game eventually, however the eternal question remains "Play it is not in its incomplete form or wait 2 months before the final patch is released..."

There are pros and cons for both sides. I've played the demo and I've enjoyed it however there are so many threads complaining about bugs and other problems with the game. Some believe the game is unplayble due to the bugs, others tell me that its just another patch version of FM11. In contrast some people are nominating the game for a Nobel Prize.

I was just wondering if people could help me (and perhaps many other people who are on the fence like me) decide whether to buy the game right now or wait another couple of months.

Cheers guys for any advice or input!

ReeNah

P.S how do I make a poll? Maybe options should be:

1. Buy the game RIGHT NOW!

2. Wait till the next patch!

3. The game's worse than Hicks and Gillet!

If you can tolerate the player and agent interactions which are basically the same as demo. and don't want to play in spain then you'll like it enough to pay full price. Otherwise wait at least till the next patch (thats what I'm doing if not much changes I'll probably not bother)

You've said you enjoyed playing the demo, than you'll enjoy the full game (11.1) even more. Why care what other people say if you enjoy playing it ?

I'd just go out and buy it. I am loving this game and am really really addicted already.

I bought the game and i'll be taking it back if SI doesn't sort the issues out with the next patch.

I dont see the point in spending hard earned money to buy a game which is FULL of bugs.

Sure you may say there are alot of new features but whats the point of having all these new features if SI cant even get the basics right?

So far FM has gone backwards not forwards with version and continues to frustrate me with the vast amount of bugs, it's like the tester haven't done there job properly and are leaving it up to the user to find these bugs.

So far FM has gone backwards not forwards with version and continues to frustrate me with the vast amount of bugs, it's like the tester haven't done there job properly and are leaving it up to the user to find these bugs.

I have read in these forums that some of the bugs were well reported by beta testers.

Overall, its a great game. Far better that FM2010. The game is deeper; the 3D animations are far better; the info flow makes it easier to feel a part of a larger footballing world.

Still, some of the UI issues should have been caught in testing. Player interaction isnt as bad as stated; but its not exactly a barrel of fun.

This is pretty much exactly what I'm talking about... It's so hard to decide whether or not to buy the game becuase of the divided opinoins. It's not even a slight disagreement; Makalele's post and whiteLight's really demonsrate my point... I am tempted to buy though, right now because I'll end up playing the EPL first then after a few seasons I'll play La Liga or Serie A...

Still on the fence. I'll decide in around 3 hours, I'll be home by then and it'll DL quick so I can play tonight a little and tommorrow...

Cheers,

ReeNah

This is pretty much exactly what I'm talking about... It's so hard to decide whether or not to buy the game becuase of the divided opinoins. It's not even a slight disagreement; Makalele's post and whiteLight's really demonsrate my point... I am tempted to buy though, right now because I'll end up playing the EPL first then after a few seasons I'll play La Liga or Serie A...

Still on the fence. I'll decide in around 3 hours, I'll be home by then and it'll DL quick so I can play tonight a little and tommorrow...

Cheers,

ReeNah

None of the issues are gamebreaking except if you want to play in Spain. Keeping in mind its very early in the release cycle and the game can only get better, i am extremely confident you wont be disappointed.

This is the first FM I buy on release day and I don't regret it for one second. The game feels solid with the 11.1 patch and even though it might have caused some problems for the league in Spain it's still very much playable and addictive. The player and press interaction is still a bit hackneyed but I enjoy it and the idea behind it is very good.

I'm not here to make people buy the game, but I can definitely recommend it this year.

If you're not playing in Spain then it wold definently be worth it, a number of the threads that are complaining are just fueled by rants from people who are frustrated and exaggerating their problems. I've been playing as Liverpool and I haven't experienced any issues, its been better than the demo and totally worth buying it in every way.

If you enjoyed the demo, stop reading the bug complaints and buy the game. I sometimes think reading these forums is the worst thing you can do with regards to bugs anyway.

i agree with this. I'm yet to come across the vast majority of bugs reported on this forum.

I played the boxed version of FM10 for ages, completely oblivious to any of the bugs that people were scweaming and scweaming until they threw up about in here. The only bug I ever found myself was the issue with players becoming HG at clubs not becoming HG in the nation, but again that wasn't gamebreaking. And I didn't discover that until about a week before it was fixed, as I'd started off in the BSS, so it was okay anyway :)

Again with FM11, I've been playing it for just over a season in Serie C2 and the only bug I've noticed is the match engine sometimes seizes up when the opposition make a substitution, which you can get round by accessing your own tactics screen and exiting. Nothing remotely gamebreaking. The new features are largely very good, and it retains the feel of FM10, which was my favourite of the series so far, so I'm very happy.

I would say definitely buy, OP :)

If you enjoyed the demo, stop reading the bug complaints and buy the game. I sometimes think reading these forums is the worst thing you can do with regards to bugs anyway.

what Neji said, a lot of the bugs you will not even notice until you start reading people moaning on here about XYZ, if you enjoyed the demo then there is no reason what so ever why you will not enjoy the game in its current state, i personally think most people dont see that many bugs, they just see the posts on here then jump on the bandwagon!

Personally i will be waiting until the January transfer data update + patch is released before i get the game this year.

definatly buy - I have done 1/2 a season so far and had no issues, had the occasional wierd thing happen but nothing that makes it none playable like others say. End of the day its a game and works great as that. Well Done SI this year!

Do what I do and only buy it every other year - that way you get a whole raft of improvements at once and it feels like a completely new game! I've got FM 2011 and though I have had a major issue with it over the weekend (regarding the editor which I could not open to simply change the English competition names) the game itself is enjoyable.

Wah!!! I'm currently living in South Korea and it says the game isn't available to me yet? What's going on here? I DLed the demo just fine off Steam? Anyone got a clue why?

Confused,

ReeNah

Use a proxy server from Australia or the USA.

Sort of don't see the point of this thread.

He said he would buy it ëventually"which seems to one day.

Same posts every year, same result

Sort of don't see the point of your post either. Got nothing to add then say nothing at all.

Archived