Spanish Hotfix? What happened to it?

Just wondering if this has just disappeared into the back closet of SI hoping people forget? Or is there any progress rate.

Or will I be forced to create a Spanish league Adelante and BBVA from scratch :S...

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From SI:

- They are looking into the possibility of a hot fix (not 100% confirmed but more than likely it will be done).

- They are not sure if it will be save game compatible. They hope it will be but can't promise anything.

- No confirmation what will go into any hot fix, but the Spanish league issue is the priority; though they are aware of other bugs like the national team friendly screen one.

- It was never going to get done over the weekend - they only became aware of it on Friday as it was introduced with patch 11.1.

HTH.

From SI:

- They are looking into the possibility of a hot fix (not 100% confirmed but more than likely it will be done).

- They are not sure if it will be save game compatible. They hope it will be but can't promise anything.

- No confirmation what will go into any hot fix, but the Spanish league issue is the priority; though they are aware of other bugs like the national team friendly screen one.

- It was never going to get done over the weekend - they only became aware of it on Friday as it was introduced with patch 11.1.

HTH.

Sorry i posted before your post was displayed.

Still not confirmed mate. Just have to wait it out.

*twiddles thumbs* Meh these things happen, I just hope the hotfix is released before the weekend. I'm going away for a week. Having looked fwd to the game this long, I'll be gutted if I have to wait another week before leading to Barcelona to world domination...

They probably will not release any statement until the hot fix (if there is indeed one) is ready for release. Us asking them incessantly will do little in the way of helping really.

And I think they will want to ensure any fix or patch is not rushed out without thorough testing. Cannot risk the chance of requiring another hot fix to fix the hot fix yeah? :)

No further news right now indicates to me, that they are most probably hard at work on looking into as many issues that have been since brought up and are exploring the possibilities of including as many fixes into a hot fix as they feasibly could. It is risky making an official statement because if they were to fail to make good on even one aspect of it, they would then be liable to more flak.

Do not forget that they are also working concurrently on the Russian patch, and any stuff that gets included into a hot fix would most probably have to be incorporated into that. All in all, I feel we do know what they are busy with currently and so there really is no need for them to spell it out.

I remember for FM 09's release, there was an issue with the game crashing within a season's worth of progess if you had loaded the Italian Serie C leagues. There was a hot fix for that as well, so we can trust SI on matters such as these. There will inevitably be bugs upon release, such is the nature of the beast, but you can also count on them to be working at fixing them upon receipt of bug reports from us.

From SI:

HTH.

Its oficial ?

Approximate dates are bad idea because if they then fail to meet them for whatever reason, you'll get a load of "who do SI think they are making me think it would be out around the 13th and here we are on the 18th and nothing?!" type threads.

Approximate dates are bad idea because if they then fail to meet them for whatever reason, you'll get a load of "who do SI think they are making me think it would be out around the 13th and here we are on the 18th and nothing?!" type threads.

Yeah, like the "Official Waiting For the Mac Patch Thread" we had a couple of years ago. Had about 40 pages of replies if I remember correctly.

By the way, imagine the stick SI would have been getting it this bug had affected players in the Premier League...

Yep and instead, we just get a load of threads/posts asking when the patch is going to be out.

it kills the league, people were sayin just dont play the spanish league or just dont load it, but thats prob the best in the world, so iv been tryin to put off startin a game coz it be just pointless if a patch comes out in a week or so. looked into changin it myself but it means re-doing the whole spanish league.

wont be today mate .maybe the weekend. id guess next monday or tuesday is more realistic.

That long for a hot fix? No ****in' way! I want it today or tommorow, I've waited long enough to start my save FFS.

That long for a hot fix? No ****in way! I want it in the next two days. I've waiting long enough to start my save FFS.

Why can't we have it today? it's a hotfix, not a full patch! we have been waiting too long already.

I'm not starting a game until it is fixed.

My guess is that it's more a mini patch than a hotfix. If there's several things getting fixed it needs testing properly or there'll be more bugs then more threads asking for another patch! Just be patient or just start a quick easy game till the patch is out!

thats just a guess mate. iv notin to do with si. but its not the only thing to do on their list, they have other stuff to work on also. i want it yesterday myself.

I know mate. I wasn't mad at you or something. I just can't stand this silence from SI. I'm not asking for them to tell us when it will come exactly, but some info on progress of russian patch and a hot fix would be most appreciated.

If that hotfix fixes more than just spanish league bug, then it might take a while, because I can imagine it's not that simple to decode all that and then test it. Hope it will be released on friday.

If they are only fixing Spanish bug and French national team bug they I don't know if they really need to test it that much. After all we can solve French bug by ourselves, so that is then quite easy for them and as for the Spanish bug, it's hardcoded, so they need to do it. I can't imagine it being that hard, so it needs a lot of testing.

My guess is that it's more a mini patch than a hotfix. If there's several things getting fixed it needs testing properly or there'll be more bugs then more threads asking for another patch! Just be patient or just start a quick easy game till the patch is out!

It shouldn't even be a mini-patch.

They know how many people are desperate to play the Spanish leagues and this bug is a killer. It should just be this one fix released asap.

I want it to be more than a hotfix for the Spanish league tbh. I could name a bunch of MLS issues I'm having that could take a while for them to fix...

People, please be a little realistic...for SI to release a patch, they have to:

1. Examine the bugs in bugs forum and make changes to the code to ensure bug doesn't appear

2. Make sure fixing the Spanish league doesn't mean screwing something else up, possibly fix other things too

3. Testing and more testing

4. When it's done testing, they need to submit the patch to Microsoft (I believe?)

5. patch released when it's passes submission phase

Of course, I could be completely wrong here...but they're probably still in the 'bug gathering' stage. I hope everyone realizes SI employees need to have personal lives too. If you're not working/going to school over the weekend why should they? There was no way the patch was going to get released over the weekend.

I want it to be more than a hotfix for the Spanish league tbh. I could name a bunch of MLS issues I'm having that could take a while for them to fix...

1. Examine the bugs in bugs forum and make changes to the code to ensure bug doesn't appear

2. Make sure fixing the Spanish league doesn't mean screwing something else up, possibly fix other things too

4. When it's done testing, they need to submit the patch to Microsoft (I believe?)

Of course, I could be completely wrong here...but they're probably still in the 'bug gathering' stage. I hope everyone realizes SI employees need to have personal lives too. If you're not working/going to school over the weekend why should they? There was no way the patch was going to get released over the weekend.

Well that is the thing. They said so far that they are looking into fixing French and spanish bug via hot fix. Nothing more. So if it's onlythat it should be released today or tommorow, but if it more as you say then they should tell us. So, we are up to date and not waiting for it deperately today.

That's all I'm asking. To tell us what is going on and what they plan exactly, because TBH they didn't even confirm 100% that there will be a hot fix.

It's supposed to be a hotfix, not a patch.

Of course they are testing it now, but any more fixes are just going to delay and delay. They should fix this issue and this issue alone first. One fix, no patch - just a hotfix for this vital bug.

hi

i got the game today from the highstreet , i play in the english league so im not to bothered about the spanish league bug but would like to be able to load all the players from that league when i start a new game.

Instead of loading the league do i just use the load all players from the spanish league feature ?

thanks

What makes people think that this would be done already if it was EPL?

They still have to go through the same process.

And as anyone with half a brain knows you can't just fix an issue without checking for any knock on effects.

If they released something that wasn't right and broke something else you lot would still be on here crying like the ungrateful babies you are.

Tell you what lets all open another thread about the hot fix shall we :rolleyes:

@ Fabio: you should know better by now!

It's supposed to be a hotfix, not a patch.

Of course they are testing it now, but any more fixes are just going to delay and delay. They should fix this issue and this issue alone first. One fix, no patch - just a hotfix for this vital bug.

I don't think they will literally fix one thing and literally have one line of changes in the patch notes readme. IMO, if there are other 'minor' things that won't take too long they will fix them too. Of course, I could be wrong.

The last thing SI needs to do is to rush another patch, and then everyone will posting in a similar thread stating that something's wrong again in 11.2, although that's a given tbh. :p

Archived