Long shots!!! I am sick of this are my players morons?!?!?

They all have long shots rarely but they are like childs ... Whenever they see an opening they just have to try it...

This is just ridicilous last game I lose 1:0 and I have like 15 long shots from 16 shots ..

Yes sometimes they do score but for example my AMC this season has like 40 shots on target from 200 and like 6 goals...

No matter I play attacking my strikes just get the ball run and shoot ...

You seriously think I have not done that? Everybody is RARELY and last game i still had 10 shots from long range..

If I tune up my long range shooter up so sometimes all he does is this.. I can predict when it will happen ..

As anost said, have you properly micro-managed your team?

Even though you may set the team to "Rarely" long shot, PPM's and player role settings may need to be taken into account. Failing that, try lowering creative freedom. Less freedom to try something flashy may lead to less long range piledrivers being attempted?

I was struggling to get in behind defences and test the oppositions goalkepper, with my players opting to shoot from long range.

To get round this I eventually decided to set 1of my strikers as a target man and get my players to find him by getting him to run onto through balls.

This seems to have worked, the number of long shots has decreased and I am testing the keeper and subsequently scoring a lot more goals.

The flaw is sometimes I want them to shoot from range but they just dont get it when...

Anyone also noticed then the Long shot first is more likely to miss then its more likely to hit the bar?

Sometimes I hit the bar 3/4 times with the shots.. its crazy :)

Did you set individual instructions for your players to not do long shots often?

Do your strikers / wingers / attacking midfielders have good "of the ball" stats so they are easily reachable as an alternative to long shots?

Do you have a creative playmaker that can spot openings with good "of the ball" stat so he's always reachable?

Do you have strikers that can go past their defenders 1 on 1? Or do you go over the wings, and do you have strikers that can pump in headers?

Are you pushing the opposition back to their own 17 yard line, so everthing is crowded, or do you play on the counter, so the pitch is more open and you can more easily get in front of goal?

Or you could just scout a couple players that can hammer in 30 yard shots. :p

• 2 years later...

You can reduce the frequency of long shots by doing the following:

- Choose 'Work Ball Into Box' shout

- Change player instructions on long shots to 'rarely'

- If your player has 'Shoot from Distance' PPM, request him to unlearn it

Archived