clear cut chances more like clear cut miss

i would like to know if others are having a problem converting clear cut chances it seems i can only score from crosses set pieces and shots that deflect off the keeper. im playing as arsenal and trying to play the beautiful game and i am creating chances but cant score, last game created 7 clear cut chances and converted zero is anyone else having this probblem

I'm having a lot of success but I am fed up of watching the games and knowing I've got more chance of scoring from 25-30 yards than I have when my striker is clean through on goal. I get about 5 CCCs a game and I'm lucky if I score 1.

I'm having a lot of success but I am fed up of watching the games and knowing I've got more chance of scoring from 25-30 yards than I have when my striker is clean through on goal. I get about 5 CCCs a game and I'm lucky if I score 1.

hmm i've had less success from long range, not even Gerrard seems to score from long range.

Despite the patch, my strikers are not more likely to round the keeper, they just shoot at the keeper every.single.time.

Even Pavlyuchenko/Van de Vaart do this. Though i am scoring some nice goals, and some nice scrappy ones which i love to see.

Just had a match with 8 clear cut chances....without any one of them turned into goals. The only goal I scored is a goal-line header.

The opposition keeper has a rating of 9.3...and of course they have to score on their only shot on goal, a mistake by my keeper (final rating 5.8) as well.

Sigh.

pK1hq.png

CCCs are definately not converted as much as in 10.3. My players cannot seem to score on them (and same goes for opposition). For example in a match I had 7 CCCs and didn't score on any of them, yet managed to score 2 goals from other situations (longshot, freekick). And that is the norm. It feels pretty stupid, since these chances should be converted 50% of the time.

Also seem like some CCCs are not always registered as CCCs or mistakenly registered as CCCs when they are in fact not.

I find im getting a bit of a spread of goals across the team where it should probably be weighted more towards the strikers scoring, part of this problem is that the strikers are prone to miss sitters frequently for some reason.

I thought these problems were addressed in the 11.1 Patch?

I haven't got around to installing the patch yet so maybe thats why I am having so much problems with my useless Celtic side.

This is seriously getting to me too. I just dont understand it, Andy Carroll scored 1 goal in 30 games, i dont wanna talk about the amount of chances he had. Yet Jonas managed to score 11 goals, most of which were screamers or difficult chances (with 8 finishing). It makes no sense, how can you take such a backward step from FM10.3?

CCCs are definately not converted as much as in 10.3. My players cannot seem to score on them (and same goes for opposition). For example in a match I had 7 CCCs and didn't score on any of them, yet managed to score 2 goals from other situations (longshot, freekick). And that is the norm. It feels pretty stupid, since these chances should be converted 50% of the time.

Also seem like some CCCs are not always registered as CCCs or mistakenly registered as CCCs when they are in fact not.

If you are going to quote figures you need to provide some sort of evidence to back them up.

Certainly the figures I've seen from recent years are lower than that generally.

This is seriously getting to me too. I just dont understand it, Andy Carroll scored 1 goal in 30 games, i dont wanna talk about the amount of chances he had. Yet Jonas managed to score 11 goals, most of which were screamers or difficult chances (with 8 finishing). It makes no sense, how can you take such a backward step from FM10.3?

Must be your tactics, Carroll scored 5 goals in his first 3 games with me, including a hattrick against Stoke! :p

If you are going to quote figures you need to provide some sort of evidence to back them up.

Certainly the figures I've seen from recent years are lower than that generally.

Well the 50% was not meant as a fact, just what I thought would be reasonable to expect. I should have added "~"

I think that in FM11 most of the chances which are rated as CCC's were not even considered to be so in FM10, thus leading to a lower overall conversion. I think the definition of CCCs has changed between the two games... That being said, I also have tremendous problems converting goals. I have a columbian striker who does seem to score fairly regularly (Also in one-on-ones) but Pavluchyenko has scored 1 goal out of 13 matches so far and he for some reason keeps shooting the ball straight at the goalkeeper.

Then again, how many goals in real life are scored because of deflections and such? There too it is probably the majority of the goals.. Hmm.. I wonder if there will be a Golf simulation any time soon..

Archived