FM11: Which countries to scout?

I'm probably not only one who gets annoyed when my scouts keep telling me about the same players because they're all looking in main European countries, so.. where should I/we be looking for the next stars? Found quite a lot of 'gems' in South America, Brazil mainly, which is obvious, but anywhere else..?

I'm probably not only one who gets annoyed when my scouts keep telling me about the same players because they're all looking in main European countries, so.. where should I/we be looking for the next stars? Found quite a lot of 'gems' in South America, Brazil mainly, which is obvious, but anywhere else..?

I like to scout the Scandinavian countries (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland).

It depends who you are really. I presume you are playing in the Premiership. I don't know why I presumed that, I suppose it is just the usual.

Africa might be a good place to try and unearth the latest talent from. If they are from the former colonies then they could well have dual French or English citizenship and avoid a work permit situation.

Scandinvia always unearths a few gems if you're playing at a slightly lower level than Premiership. You'll possibly find little to keep a big, big team going but who knows who you might unearth.

To avoid work permits scout any country in the EU, unless you have a work permit feeder club you can send players to.

It can never hurt to scout any remote place, if you have a large number of scouts. You never know who you might unearth.

I've found tons of talent in Croatia, Dinamo to be precise. It just sucks that you need work permit to sign them :(

Have you tried Kovacic? Young attacking mid player, would be nice to know how he turns out.. looks promising

To the best of my knowledge these are the player nationalities that do not require work permits

Andorra

Austria

Belgium

Bulgaria

Cyprus

Czech Republic

Denmark

England (including Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Montserrat, Anguilla)

Estonia

Finland

France (Including French Guyana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Reunion, Mayotte)

Germany

Greece

Holland/Netherlands (Including Aruba, Curacao, Sint Maarten and the Neth. Antilles)

Hungary

Iceland

Ireland

Italy

Latvia

Liechtenstein

Lithuania

Luxembourg

Malta

Martinique

Monaco

New Caledonia

Northern Ireland

Norway

Poland

Portugal

Romania

San Marino

Scotland

Slovakia

Slovenia

Spain

Sweden

Switzerland

Wales

Have you tried Kovacic? Young attacking mid player, would be nice to know how he turns out.. looks promising

Well, I have him secured. Only problem is he will arrive 9/6 2012 :( But according to my scouts he can become as good as Modric and if that's true then it's worth the wait :p

Archived