FM09 suggestion - Players doing a Maradona or Messi by dribbling from their half and scoring

It happens. But rather than having more spectacular goals, I hope FM09 will restrict the number of goals/scoring opportunities. Furthermore, there's a virtual goal scoring frenzy among AI teams. In my game, in the Premiership, there is at least one freak result (4-3, 5-4, 6-1, 3-3, 4-4) per round. 0-0, 1-1 are somewhat rare whereas 2-2, 3-2 are commonplace.

Apart from this issue, FM08 (i.e. 8.0.2.) is enjoyable.

I saw Augusto Fernandez dribble from his own box down the left into the opponent's box to the goal kick line and just play it back for another to score...

Also I saw Fred dribble from the center and score but he only passed one player so it's nothing so special...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robyrot:

It already happens in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it does. But its as rare as IRL. You dont often see a player take out three or four players then score.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Players doing a Maradona </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What you mean the hand of god thing? icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trekman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Players doing a Maradona </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What you mean the hand of god thing? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

his other was far better than the hand of god. I see that as the goal that pushed you English out in 86

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trekman:

What you mean the hand of god thing? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. I mean the goal by messi against getafe where he dribble past 4-5 defenders and then scoring a goal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Nope. I mean the goal by messi against getafe where he dribble past 4-5 defenders and then scoring a goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im confused. Players 'doing a Maradona' means players doing what Messi did? icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wardog:

his other was far better than the hand of god. I see that as the goal that pushed you English out in 86 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wardog you are so predictable. Anyone care to mention '67...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vasilli07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

Im confused. Players 'doing a Maradona' means players doing what Messi did? icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sCWEOYK4V_I </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd never seen that before. That was awesome icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> quote:

Originally posted by trekman:

quote:

Players doing a Maradona

What you mean the hand of god thing?

his other was far better than the hand of god. I see that as the goal that pushed you English out in 86 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What makes you think I'm English? Just for the record I am Scottish.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anyone care to mention '67... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't possibly comment on that because I wasn't even born then!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anyone care to mention '67... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't possibly comment on that because I wasn't even born then! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FYI Scotland beat the World Cup holders... can't remember who it was but Scotland became the best team in the world, de facto.

The George Weah goal was the best and still is the best goal ever. Like it was mentioned in a previous post, going from your own penalty box, to the oppositions, and scoring, while getting past several defenders, there is just nothing like it.

I haven't seen this in FM before, but I have seen a Maradona/Messi goal and it sure is pretty when it happens, even if it's against your team.

Archived