Is this over the line

it does appear to be, though without the replay being exactly square to the goal line its never going to be easy to call it 100%

That's only if the ball is in the air!

If the ball is on the ground -which it is- you can clearly see from any angle that the line is infront of the ball, therefore the ball is behind/over the line.

Don't forget, it has to be the whole of the ball across the whole of the line. As there appear to be green pixels within the line itself I'm not conviced it's all the way over.

In any case, surely it adds realism if the refs **** up such decisions?!

Don't forget, it has to be the whole of the ball across the whole of the line. As there appear to be green pixels within the line itself I'm not conviced it's all the way over.

....Therefore you couldn't allow it! Not a ref by any chance? :p

It's over, all the way over and them some. Goal!

If there was no explicit hoo-hah made over it in the match commentary (i.e. match commentary suggesting the referee might have made an error), then you can probably dismiss it as just an inadequacy in the graphical representation of the match engine that resulted in this situation. Within the computations of the match engine, the ball might have been saved on the goal line, but when it got translated to the 3D display, the ball positioning became slightly off and appears to have travelled beyond the goal line.

This has been a rather common, though understandable, occurrence within FM unfortunately. I have experienced such incidences, along with keepers appearing to carry balls out of play when making last ditch saves to prevent corners but still no corners awarded, in previous versions of FM.

I think there is a hint of shadow on the goal-line... perhaps showing a screen shot from TV view might make it more clear. Also, the ref is on the other side of the goalkeeper so would have a very hard time deciding. Not sure where your linesman is but I suppose it's a tough call for him too if he is not at the back line. It would go too far for me to suggest this s a bug though, just adds to excitement and realism (the game irl is bugged btw.)

Archived