Price reconsideration

tak

Being one of the biggest fans of the series, it is time I think that I make a request that will improve everyone's experience. Every year the game costs 50 euro or whatever that is in pounds. However, it is not a developed version every year. Most releases are a small refurbishment and, of course, a current database of players.

This, in ALL other games, is considered to be an expansion package and costs 10 euro. FM11 is an expansion pack, let's face it. I mean, I was very optimistic about the new features and all but they are not anything new. The agent-manager "dialogs" must have taken 1 day to create, the manager-player "dialogs" maybe another four hours. Honestly now, regardless of how much one wants to defend those features, they were there in FM10 under different packaging.

Training is better but again the changes are cosmetic.

I think that in these times of recession, we all have to be realistic. 50 euro for the latest database of players is a lot. The manufacturer has to seriously take this into account. Hopefully, the price will be reduced soon.

Simple fact of the matter is they wont make enough money just giving an expansion each year.

Also call of duty, fifa are exactly the same, not much difference, but still people pay 30/40 pounds for them. Im afraid in this economic climate your wish will not be granted :/

im paying $80 in australia and i'm perfectly happy with, i'd love a lower price but i'm still happy to pay that for the game considering how good it is. The new features have been great for me and the game feels better than fm 10 so i don't know what all this complaining is about.

• SI Staff
I think that in these times of recession, we all have to be realistic. 50 euro for the latest database of players is a lot. The manufacturer has to seriously take this into account. Hopefully, the price will be reduced soon.

Each release is more than just a new database of players. A lot of work goes into each version and thousands of improvements and new features go into each version.

If the game was to be sold at 1/5th of the price then I would guess we would have to cut our staff by 1/5th as well which I don't think would be a good thing for the future development of the game.

The agent-manager "dialogs" must have taken 1 day to create, the manager-player "dialogs" maybe another four hours. Honestly now, regardless of how much one wants to defend those features, they were there in FM10 under different packaging.

LOL, I can assure you it takes longer then a day to just about do anything in software creation. I have no issues with the price, it is well worth it. However, I think its worth it when the final patch is released. I love the game, and will buy it as long as they keep producing it, but I really have to get myself to wait till at least the 2nd patch to buy it. It gets so frustrating every year that by the time the issues are fixed, Im just not excited about the game anymore. usually takes a while after its been fixed for me to get back into it.

If most people bought the game in March, I guarantee that they would make sure the game is nearly bug free with every release from then on.

tbf SI put so much work into these games, and even if they are a bit buggy or a bit expensive, its probably worth it because its loads cheaper than a PS3 or Xbox game and we get a fantastic product. In the recession you should be counting yourself lucky the UK price isnt £40 like most games are!

I have the impression you're incredibly thick. If you're not then you're acting like you are and I think neither is a compliment for you. This year's version is so much more than just a "database update", I'm not going to waste my time explaining all the changes and additions when you can research it yourself. Not sure why you would pay 50 euro for it when there are online stores selling it a lot cheaper.

Erm, if the game is too expensive or people believe that it's not value for money, then they won't buy it. If sales were declining then I'm sure Sega would look at the price, but they're not. In fact, I think I'm right in saying that FM2010 was the best-selling game of the series.

There's no incentive for Sega to drop the price at the moment, unless there's some evidence that pricing the game £5 cheaper (for example) would cause a massive spike in sales, which seems unlikely to me.

Besides which, if you don't feel each iteration of the game offers much that's new, why not leave off buying it for several months? Prices drop significantly after the game's been out for a while.

Archived