Unwanted Stars?

I am seriously confused by some of the actions of the AI Managers. I have signed this season Zeefuik, Muamba and last season Adu, all of which I got cheap (compared to what they should have been) because they were screaming to get out... Why did they want out of Pompey, Man U and Liverpool, because they don't get first team football. These are all great players, what are they doing.

I am seriously confused by some of the actions of the AI Managers. I have signed this season Zeefuik, Muamba and last season Adu, all of which I got cheap (compared to what they should have been) because they were screaming to get out... Why did they want out of Pompey, Man U and Liverpool, because they don't get first team football. These are all great players, what are they doing.

It depends on the context of the player not getting many games, i.e. who do the AI have otherwise. Maybe the players you listed aren't good enough compared to the players already at the AI clubs and then it stand to reason that they won't get picked.

Phnompenhandy's example was typical, Diarra is a very good player but was he really going to displace Fabregas?

At Liverpool there is only one player that might be better than Zeefuik, Torres... And he's on his way out now. Muamba is by far Pompey's best midfielder, but hey... And as for Adu, Man U were using a 19 year old regen that they have this season loaned out to southend, he hasn't made the starting line up yet.

Another player, Matias Fernandez...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Some guy....:

At Liverpool there is only one player that might be better than Zeefuik, Torres... And he's on his way out now. Muamba is by far Pompey's best midfielder, but hey... And as for Adu, Man U were using a 19 year old regen that they have this season loaned out to southend, he hasn't made the starting line up yet.

Another player, Matias Fernandez... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's all just personal preference. Jermaine Defoe is a better player than Darren Bent yet Ramos let Defoe go because of lack of first team football. Your opinion of a player IRL just like in FM means nothing to an oppositon manager and they will pick what they think is best.

The issue of AI managers not using the players they buy uis well documented on these forums in various threads, but tbh a lot of the time it remains justified as the teams continue to win.

Okay, Johnson... They (pompey) signed him for £14.5 Million and yet he is yet to get regular first team football. He is wanted by some 14 clubs ranging from Southend to Real Madrid all the way up to my mighty Derby side. I bid some £16.5 Million for him and yet they wouldn't sell him because he is "an important part of the first team". Real Madrid tabled some £24 Million for him and they still kept him, he is bitterly unhappy now. Pompey failed to live up to their potential (apparently) and ended outside the top 4 for the first time in 3 years.

Then again I did bench and subsequently release the following players last season: Diego, Van der Vaart, Johnson (The mighty one who led my reserves to a massive victory in their league), Skrtel (he lost his place to won of my "pointless" buys), Juanfran, Vagner Love... I also signed (all on frees) Pjinac, Khendria, Laucort, Torosidis, Sahin, Rajkovic (well, he doesn't really fit with this anymore, he replaced a fighting fit Skrtel) and Nunes. Sure, Nunes and Rajkovic have found their way into my first team, especially Rajkovic, but still. Sahin is now on loan, Torosidis is asking for a transfer constantly, Laucort is sold (£2.1 million), Khendria is on loan and yeah. Just rediculous on my behalf, but then again through the **** has come some quality as I said.

I still don't think that this can fall into that catagory.

Archived