Blue Square Bet North relegation spots

It looks like the expulsion of Ilkeston Town has screwed things up a bit. I'm trying to add the next tier of English football so we can have FC United of Manchester and the rest as playable teams. Blue Square Bet North/South should each have three relegation spots, and the three lower divisions should each have one promotion spot plus a promotion playoff with the next four teams.

Unfortunately, since Conference North only has 21 teams this season, there are only two relegation spots, so the game thinks this doesn't match up. Worse, the max number of teams is set to 21. Huh? And I can't change seem to change any of this in the editor.

Is there any way to fiddle with Blue Square Bet North's relegation spots and max teams, within the editor or otherwise? I'll reinstate Ilkeston Town if I have to to get things working. Sure, I could have one massive playoff for the five spots as a workable alternative, but that's not realistic, and the next season there will still be only 21 teams in a division that should have 22.

This has been extensively discussed in the Editors' Hideaway forum where guys have been struggling with this problem in trying to create L8-L11 leagues. As you say, the easiest thing to do is reinstate Ilkeston, perhaps with a naff reputation and huge debts. Alternatively, if you want to be cheeky, you could put FC United in BSN and add a random local team in their place.

I'm actually about to take on FC United myself. I'm just waiting for the super team to fix a bug in the L11 *.dbc file which should be available tomorrow.

Ah, excellent, I see someone else is well on their way to doing a proper job of it. I'll focus my efforts on tweaking FCUM, then. Already added the stadium move, missing staff and players. Ray Soule -> Roy Soule, etc.

Thanks! Don't know how I missed the Editor subforum.

Archived