Season Complete

Finished my first season as Sheffield Wednesday. I decided to take on the owls, as i was looking through some of my old stuff and saw my merlin sticker album with wednesday in their. Thought its about time they get back to the top, maybe i can help them! :D. Plus i remember that Marcus Tudgay is a beast on fm10. So in league one, well........

He did not fail to impress. Scoring 22 league goals, finishing just behind mclead for top scorer.

The start of the season I ran away from the pack, not condeding in 6 games!! Playing a counter style of football, deep and narrow, 442 it seemed to be working very well. Match preperation on attacking movement was crucial (Love this feature, works a gem) as i needed to make the most of chances. Th middle sector saw me lose a couple of games including 5-4 away to bristol rovers which really damaged my team. I then went on to draw 4 games back to back. And before i knew it Peterborough had stolen top spot and were 7 points clear of me. I say in second from then on until the last few games of the season. It was between us and Plymouth. (plymouth were 2 points behind me in third and then southampton were 4 but way off with only 4 to play. I had plymouth away with 4 games to go and was 2 points above them. Clinton Morrison (a bit of a flop but scored a few vitaal goals) came on at 1-1 to try and freshen the front line. Expecting a performance from him, got to his head and he got sent off immediately. I had to switch to whole match and really micro manage every little aspect of the game. Its was stressful but we held out and 1-1 was a good result with 10 men for 40 odd minutes.

With The season end looming i had to secure at least 6 points from 3 games. Southampton at home, Brentford away, and colchester at home. Not easy. I looked at home form and saw that mine wasnt good enough to be in playoffs even!! I thought there might be a correlation between my style and my home form. so i decided to play a higher line and wider at home to southampton. I didnt change the tempo much but a bit higher. working ball into the box and passing into space worked a treat and i thumped them 3-0. This was very special as i had a running dispute with nigel adkins who questioned my credentials after a heavy defeat to them at their yard. I lost to Brentford, but beat Colchester and the league ended looking like this.

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/5764/npowerleague1informatio.png

Transfers

I was able to bring in an experienced left winger on a free called rui monteiro, as well as the premier league hardened Quinton Fortune. Neither player wowed all sseason and by the time the final furlong came around neither were playing a part in my first team, merely injury replacements. Nevertheless, Fortune brought experience and knowledge that im sure gave a boost to my squad.

As well as these two players i brought in quite a few loanees throughout the season.

Shane Lowry from Villa. Had an excellent start slotting right into my defence and playing regularly. But was pushed out of the first team due to the superp partnership purse and rich hinds had with eachother in the part of the season.

Fred Sears Loan. An important players. Misssed a lot of 1on1s but was a big part of our success.

January Loans.

Danny Ward came in from bolton and gave us some impetous on the left. Kazenga Lualua came in as welll. These two were important to pressure my first team players and really boosted everyone during a period where we were underperforming abit.

Best Player Tudgay!

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/392/marcustudgayhistorycare.png

Now the second seaon! Already signed James Brown from scunny for 1.4 mil. Even though he scored 26 leahue goals for them... wtf scunny you fools.

Also just signed rory delap on a free. Expectation is mid table finish. We shall see....

Archived