Steam Offline

Hi, I install the game through Steam then i can get the relevant patches/updates, and once the game is updated, i like to play the game in in where Steam is offline, so that I dont have to be on the internet to start the game and so Steam doesnt run in the background.

I have managed to do this in previous years but carnt remember how to do it, thanks in advance

Steam still runs in the background even in offline mode. The internet connection isn't needed though, obviously.

On FM10 you could run the executable directy (i.e. navigate to the file and double-click) and it'd run without Steam (probably that's what you had done), but that doesn't seem to work for the new one (at least, not on mac).

Since it's no longer working on mac, I suspect it won't for the windows version either. But there's only one way to find out (FIGHT!). Give it a shot, even if it doesn't work it can't mess anything up (the worst that can happen is that it doesn't run directly, but you won't lose saves or have to re-install or anything).

I've found this thread through search and want to ask a question

I like the idea of Steam updating my game, getting trophies and not having to use the DVD.

Buy say I am offline (for example travelling)

Will I still be able to play FM2011 without going online. This is for a Macbook, I can't try it at present as I am getting updates from Steam

Thanks

Did a google search and found this

Make a text document and write ForceOfflineMode=Enable and then save as steam.cfg (not steam.cfg.txt) in Steam map.

Then it will enter offline mode everytime you start steam, without the need to start steam online and then enter offline from there.

Did a google search and found this

Make a text document and write ForceOfflineMode=Enable and then save as steam.cfg (not steam.cfg.txt) in Steam map.

Then it will enter offline mode everytime you start steam, without the need to start steam online and then enter offline from there.

Awesome find.

Archived