FM11 was absoloutely fine, crashes with a major error? SI PLEASE HELP?

Its been fine, some annoying things like formations screen always on random things lke tream instructions etc, buit my first major error just occured.

i tokk a print screen straight away? wtf is up? and my pc is great btw its like £2000 gaming pc so it shouldnt be anything to do with that..

fmm.jpg

Can I ask a couple of things.

First of all are you running custom graphics?

If you are you may need to delete your settings folder which is here:

Info on this is here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233554-Football-Manager-2011-FAQ?p=6066654&viewfull=1#post6066654

Second can you go and remove your cache files and see if that helps you.

Making sure 'hidden folders' are visible

Go to: Start Menu -> <User Name> -> AppData -> Roaming -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2011

Delete the Cache folder there (Or the entire folder, your choice) don't remove any 'certificate' folders.

Let me know if you get any joy from that, if not I'm already asking if anyone knows what this could be.

Hi Matt and Steve, thanks for the speedy reply, first of all, no I havent updataed my drivers, java or directx.

No I am not running custom graphics or anything like that.

What is a Certificate Folder? Just dont want to delete anything I shouldnt. When I get to Cache it says

English>fm2011.skc

matchevents.mec

and Radial Ads>radial.cdb

radial.sdb

radial.tdb

Also, I can still play my game, just a few games behind, just dont want it to happen again or completely corrupt the game.

Its been fine, some annoying things like formations screen always on random things lke tream instructions etc, buit my first major error just occured.

i tokk a print screen straight away? wtf is up? and my pc is great btw its like £2000 gaming pc so it shouldnt be anything to do with that..

I'm amazed at how you managed to spend 2 grand on a gaming computer, only alienware rip you off that much lol.

Looks like you're on vista which had ample amounts of these problems with FM10 for me too, but XP and Windows 7 were fine. It probably is due to an obscure update of some kind missing.

Hi Ptl93, if you go into that Football Manager 2011 folder you'll see the Cache folder, delete it.

Give the game another spin and see if it's helped you at all.

How far have you gotten before, was you able to play games etc? If so then I don't think it would be a driver issue.

Still nothing - I bought the game as a download through greenmangaming.com and play on steam - TBH I cant be arsed with the same problems again - Do you guys know what I can do as to deleting the game or are downloads not applicable and for support do I contact Sega/SI or greenmangaming.

Love FM with a passion but there are to many problems every release.

When I right click and go into properties I can not go to "local files" option.

Ive downloaded the updated version of DirectX - TBH I really dont want to start up again for the 4th time nor do I want to go over a load of games Ive already done so if anyone can tell me how to get this sorted I would over the moon.

If the game works and the save game is still okay, I would just continue but change the pref. to a incremental daily save. That way you don't lose anything when the game crashes. It's possible that this was just a random crash.

• 3 weeks later...

tbh i have the same things appear as the guy at the top and tbh i delete crash dumps updated drivers and evrything and it always crashes

im all league one teams and by the time it gets to first match what the guy at the top has pasted is what i get so im never able to save it after first games of the season because of this crash and imm hacked off tbh cu its the game iv reli wanted to play

any help or solutions would be appreciated so i can play this

guess i have to put up wid pro evo until this is solved

Archived