Corrupted save

Hi, I'm playing 5.0.5 and came in last night a little intoxicated and for some reason played a little FM. When I saved, I must've done something silly because this morning the game doesn't load and the file itself is only 38MB thus obviously incomplete (the previous save is 288MB). Is there anything I can do to recover my previous save on this file? Would a system restore cover this? It's no major deal to go back to the father file, I just have to redo the tail-end of a season, but that's always rather disorienting so I'd appreciate any tips on how to recover a previous version of a corrupted file, if indeed there is any way.

Hi, I'm playing 5.0.5 and came in last night a little intoxicated and for some reason played a little FM. When I saved, I must've done something silly because this morning the game doesn't load and the file itself is only 38MB thus obviously incomplete (the previous save is 288MB). Is there anything I can do to recover my previous save on this file? Would a system restore cover this? It's no major deal to go back to the father file, I just have to redo the tail-end of a season, but that's always rather disorienting so I'd appreciate any tips on how to recover a previous version of a corrupted file, if indeed there is any way.

Archived