Brilliant Unannounced features in FM11!

What's your favourite new feature that wasn't previously announced? Personally I have two...

1. Change your seasonal expectations. At the midway point of January 1st, I was offered the chance to change my season expectactions for more transfer money. I had predicted a mid-table finish for Blackpool originally and was 2nd at the time, so I assume you only get the chance when far outperforming your original expectations, and I didn't get the message in season 1 when I was fighting relegation. Lovely touch there.

2. Clearing the club's debts. At the end of my first season with Blackpool, I had about £20m in the bank, so my board decided to 'pay off my existing debts due to the club's good financial health'. I think my loans were like £5m-ish? Can't remember. Awesome new feature though!

I've actually seen those two suggestions on here a few times. Nice to see them make it into the game. Anyone else?

I came 17th in the first season, on goal difference. Then won the league in the 2nd season at like 3 in the morning last night by 1 point. I'm finding this years game easier than ever tbh, it would usually take me 3 or 4 years to do that.

Slightly off topic but Blackpool 2nd??? You must be a genius mate.

not entirely sure whether it was announced or not,i know it wasnt a major one but otherwise unsure,but i love the feature of being able to beg your board to sign a player for you.

I was boro and man city for some reason offered me santa cruz.obviously couldnt afford him or his wages but i saw the option to go to board on the news item.then i pleaded for them to sign him.they didnt but i liked the chance to plead my case.

What's your favourite new feature that wasn't previously announced? Personally I have two...

1. Change your seasonal expectations. At the midway point of January 1st, I was offered the chance to change my season expectactions for more transfer money. I had predicted a mid-table finish for Blackpool originally and was 2nd at the time, so I assume you only get the chance when far outperforming your original expectations, and I didn't get the message in season 1 when I was fighting relegation. Lovely touch there.

I've actually seen those two suggestions on here a few times. Nice to see them make it into the game. Anyone else?

This is something I've called for over the last few years, will pretend that this little addition is down to me.

Manager contracts, being able to negotiate for less money that you are currently on.

Its always bugged me when I am skint that I couldnt lower my own contract with the board.

for example in FM2010 at one point I had a sugar daddy, so my contract flew up over the years, when he left the club were losing money and I couldnt get myself a lower contract to save money, its a game, I am quite happy with my £1p/w :D

I came 17th in the first season, on goal difference. Then won the league in the 2nd season at like 3 in the morning last night by 1 point. I'm finding this years game easier than ever tbh, it would usually take me 3 or 4 years to do that.

reflection, mind sharing your tactic?i suck at tactic : (

2. Clearing the club's debts. At the end of my first season with Blackpool, I had about £20m in the bank, so my board decided to 'pay off my existing debts due to the club's good financial health'. I think my loans were like £5m-ish? Can't remember. Awesome new feature though!

They're brilliant features IMO.

not entirely sure whether it was announced or not,i know it wasnt a major one but otherwise unsure,but i love the feature of being able to beg your board to sign a player for you.

I was boro and man city for some reason offered me santa cruz.obviously couldnt afford him or his wages but i saw the option to go to board on the news item.then i pleaded for them to sign him.they didnt but i liked the chance to plead my case.

I've noticed that too, Try to get someone for my Huddersfield team and they accepted with slight persuasion ;), brilliant feature :thup:

In the 1st season you finished 17th and season 2 you won the league ? I find that hard to believe, too much of a job in just 1 season. I wonder when people will start early this tie around and accuse people of cheating ha !

What tactic you using?

i'm managing chicago fire and brian mcbride had announced he was retiring, I had private chat with him and suggested he would make a good coach. to my surprise he agreed and said he could start now if i wanted, i agreed and staff attributes appeared straight away! love it, so much better than the old way

Yea I know I was shocked how easy it was myself, to be fair though I did spend £100m at the start of the 2nd season (I was given £30m by the board and spent it all on 48month deals, which basically allows you to spend your budget 4 times lol). My first 11 was then extremely strong. Still though, £100m is a relatively small amount to win a league in this day and age.

In the 1st season you finished 17th and season 2 you won the league ? I find that hard to believe, too much of a job in just 1 season. I wonder when people will start early this tie around and accuse people of cheating ha !

I've never seen it anyway, only with a takeover. This was the existing board choosing to pay off loans as there was a surplus of money in the balance at the end of the season. As far as I know that wasn't in the game before.

I've had my debts cleared in FM10 as well so it's not really a new feature. It is a NICE feature though

You usually find that you get the odd FM player who knows the game inside out and can practically do anything with anyone. Dafuge as an example, this guy too it seems. Fortunately I put myself in this category for FM10 but yet to try 11 :( Damn postman!!!!

I bow to your greatness guys. Avoiding relegation with NUFC is my aim. Maybe I need to be creative with my signings and finances like you guys! A risky strategy though!

The debt clearance is a great feature. It's only what would happen irl after all.

I bow to your greatness guys. Avoiding relegation with NUFC is my aim. Maybe I need to be creative with my signings and finances like you guys! A risky strategy though!

The debt clearance is a great feature. It's only what would happen irl after all.

Very risky, think Bristol City with 11m losses!!! Keep calm and slowly build is the best method personally. It takes me alot longer to achieve my aims than Dafuge etc but I end up completing them regardless of the time it takes.

sounds silly but i love the little grey scrolling scoreboard thingy on the the pre match screen, usually says something like psv can go top with a win today although team x can move of the bottom of the table etc doesent sound greta but the reason i like it so much is because it adds to a big game

eg at cska moscow, it said i could clinch the title etc etc ...simpel but i like it gives mne a match day feel

i also like the board interaction so much better than how it used to work, players however not so keen on at mo needs ironing out imo

my favourite has to be when u get a request for youth facilities to be expand or a stadium upgrade etc from the board and it shows you on the board overview page the bar with the progress being made and the expected time completion big thumbs up for that

Im in the same situation as you mate! Not an easy task (at least for me)

I love how you can vote for manager of the year!

Also related to this how if you dont win the league you can still win it. I got Worcester to 3rd (losing in play off semi's) and got manager of the year. Im guessing its because it was a shock perhaps is i was predicted 14th. However, the guy at Telford one the league easily with a couple games in hand and wasnt in the top 3 which is a bit odd no matter how expected it is.

I would love to know who you bought, what your tactics were, as thats a awesome achievement, more details please! Any chance you can post your tactic and maybe give us all a little explanation, along with how you keep players happy, morale/teamtalks etc.

You spend 150m in two years, you're pretty much buying a bus full of players. Add to that in FM the debilitating impact of such reckless spending is much smaller than real life, and that means he didn't win the league with Blackpool, he won the league with Player-Created Team X.

There is the challenge that you still can't attract too many people with Blackpool, though. How do they have that much to spend, anyway? I didn't realise they were rolling in cash.

How the fleck did you get 150million with Blackpool!

Anyways all due respect, but if I spent 150million in two seasons, I would expect to win the league with just about any team in the game, still we all enjoy the game for different reasons, and its not up to me to criticize how you play and enjoy it.

I think that this game is awesome and the new features are amazing too. But i have got idea, i wanted to buy a player from Hull city and loan him back to the team again but you can not do that on FM11 and i thought it would be a good idea to have it in the game has a new feature.

Only a minor change, but one that I'm glad to see, is the option to let your Assistant Manager set Opposition Player instructions. I used to hate having to set which players to close down or show to weaker foot, etc.

A complete minor and not something I noticed in FM10; but your tactical board actually representing your team's width or high line.

Gives you a real sense of how your team is set up pre-match (despite not really liking the rendering of the board itself - the keeper looks too lonely)

In the first season I had a £6m budget. Sold a few players and got it up to about £15m. In the second season I was given a £30m budget by my board.

If you buy players on 48 month deals, only a quarter comes out of your budget. So when I spent £40m in season 1, only £10m came out of my budget, when I spent £100m in season 2, only £25m comes out of the budget etc...that's how it's done. You can spend 4 times your budget with any team if you pay over 48 months basically. It's a risk as I ended up paying out about £3m a month on transfer payments, you need to be getting in the Champions League every year if you do it.

Even with a net spend of £110m in 2 years though, you still shouldn't be winning the title with them in all honesty, considering the base Blackpool start from. Saying that, it could have been a 1 season wonder, I'll see how season 3 goes when I next play.

How the fleck did you get 150million with Blackpool!

Anyways all due respect, but if I spent 150million in two seasons, I would expect to win the league with just about any team in the game, still we all enjoy the game for different reasons, and its not up to me to criticize how you play and enjoy it.

The players I signed are in some screenshots above.

I'm no tactical genius tbh. I hardly bother with them. I just play a flat 4-4-2, attacking, balanced. Just two lines of 4 and 2 strikers. I always build from the back though, quality defenders and a top goalkeeper are always my number 1 priority. This allows me to play an attacking formation and simply have a score 1 more than you Kevin Keegan mindset!

I would love to know who you bought, what your tactics were, as thats a awesome achievement, more details please! Any chance you can post your tactic and maybe give us all a little explanation, along with how you keep players happy, morale/teamtalks etc.

i can see you doing a leeds and going bankrupt, no way can blacpool afford that lol.

I'm actually quite comfortable, I just qualified for the Champions League so I'll have £30-50m coming in from that, plus the £40m Premiership tv money, prize money, season ticket sales etc. I might sell a few squad members too as I've got some great free transfers on the way in like Zhirkov, Bentley Saviola and Abidal. I doubt I'll be paying cash for too many players from now on.

The players I signed are in some screenshots above.

I'm no tactical genius tbh. I hardly bother with them. I just play a flat 4-4-2, attacking, balanced. Just two lines of 4 and 2 strikers. I always build from the back though, quality defenders and a top goalkeeper are always my number 1 priority. This allows me to play an attacking formation and simply have a score 1 more than you Kevin Keegan mindset!

So you just set it to balanced and attacking? No change in passing/tackling/ in the tactic creator?

That could do with being looked at. Theres noway you could do that irl. Blackpool couldnt spend that much money wether its over 48 months or not. I think you could do it last year 2.

Archived