Yellow Card Ban in EPL?

I read on this froum that someone did a save till May 11 in the Premier League and noticed that the rules stated that a player will recv' a 1 match ban after recv' 15 yellow cards. So i checked this and started unemployed and went on hol till May 11 and he was right. So i carried on till August 11 and the rules changed back to 5 yellow cards for 1 match ban for the new season. Is this right?

I've started a new thread, as my title on the previous one wasn't very good and dont people were looking at it, and i feel needs to raised.

I read on this froum that someone did a save till May 11 in the Premier League and noticed that the rules stated that a player will recv' a 1 match ban after recv' 15 yellow cards. So i checked this and started unemployed and went on hol till May 11 and he was right. So i carried on till August 11 and the rules changed back to 5 yellow cards for 1 match ban for the new season. Is this right? I did one to Jan 11 as well and it said 10 yellow cards equals one match ban!!

Here are screenshots:-

yell_cards.png

yell_cards_2.png

Here's a screenshot of page 9 of the FA Discipline Handbook 2010/2011 taken off the FA's website:

EPLCautionRules.jpg

I have no idea if the caution threshold windows (i.e. from start of season till 31st December, from start of season till second Sunday of April, from start of season till end of season) is a new addition to the disciplinary rules, but it seems to me that the current ingame situation has resulted from SI trying to reflect the caution threshold windows more accurately with the passing of time but failing to update the appropriate length of ban.

If the ingame rules are working exactly according to how it's worded, then a player who has received 4 yellow cards between the start of season till 31st of December and subsequently 6 more yellow cards from 1st January till say March, he will only get a 1 match ban from receiving 10 yellow cards. In real life, he would not get punished for his 5th yellow card with a 1 match ban but rather a warning as to his future conduct as his 5th yellow card occurred after 31st December. However, since he accumulated 10 yellow cards prior to the second Sunday of April, his 10th yellow card will result in a straight 2 match ban. Therein lies the discrepancy, if indeed that is what is happening ingame currently.

SI could get rid of the "2 match ban after next five yellow cards, three match ban for every additional five yellow cards" lines and just replace them with the FA's own wording (i.e. 1 match ban for five yellow cards between start of season till 31st December, 2 match ban for ten yellow cards between start of season till second Sunday of April, so on and so forth). Although, might that be a little too complicated for the editor?

Archived