Scoring..

Anyone got any tips on scoring in FM2011? I'm managing Morton and I honestly can't hit the back of the net to save their lives, I've had games with 32 shots and not one of them hitting the target. It's not even like my players have bad finishing, they're alright for my level, best is 13, most around 11 or so. Which I admit is low, but come on.. this is only the scottish first division.

I'm puzzled.. I beat two english premier league teams in friendlies and now I'm being beaten by even third divsion teams because I just can't seem to hit the net.. it isn't even long shots.. they're in the right position.. but they just cant seem to finish..

Just play wide and drill crosses across the six yard box. I don't think I've seen even one of these cut out by a defender.

i seem to have atleast one of these against me every match, scary when a defender does clear it a yard from goal, extremely scary!

i seem to have atleast one of these against me every match, scary when a defender does clear it a yard from goal, extremely scary!

Yeah I've actually found when I do my wide tactic the scorering rate goes up even though I have only 1 guy up front and one behind him. Fewer chances maybe but they actually go in..

Anyway, I cant find that 32 chances game, but I have one here, says 18 shots, 11 off target, 7 blocked, 1 woodwork, 1 clear cut, 7 long shots. Sure, long shots is high, clear cut is low, but honestly out of 18 chances, 11 of which were in a decent position, you'd think my strikes could actually hit that massive goal-mouth area.

I have seen plenty of absolutely abysmal conversion rates so far though. The game I won against stoke which was a friendly I won 1-0 and I had 12 shots, they had 12, the one that went in was the only shot on target all game (and there was four clear cut chances, three for me). Also my loss in the cup against dunfirmline 11 shots, 0 on target for me, 8 for them, 3 on target. Did have 1 clear cut chance each, they won 2-0.

It seems I've started scoring though, and when I do score, and win, I get criticised for my approach even though I won, get told my players should actually try to shoot instead of walking it into the back of the net :p, even though I scored 3+ goals.

At times I have noticed that it is a lot harder to score on this game but I actually like that.Also is it me or has anyone noticed the correlation between morale and your performance?it seems to be a lot more important this year than last.

I was really struggling with boro for the first 12 games of the season,i was languishing in 15th and my players could barely get a shot off let alone score,i won 2 home matches 1-0 and both times they were freak deflections.

I decided to stop criticizing so much and try to encourage,my players snuck a win at home to Burnley,and their morale increased to good and a few poors.Next game i came back from 1-0 down to win 2-1 and their morale rose again.

All of a sudden i went on a 5 game winning streak with a hatful of goals home and away and moved up to 5th.Really happy with that addition....if it is an addition and i'm not imagining it.The turnaround certainly can't be down to my managerial skills

Archived