United-4-1-3-1-1 v1 (8.0.1)

Hey there, This is a great tactic that has been working extremely well for my Man Utd team for a season and a half.

I'm also Holland manager & it's worked very well for them aswell. I haven't tested it with any other teams, so i don't know whether it'll work well for lower teams, but let me know if it does...

The tactic is fairly balanced but can be tweaked to be defensive or attacking.

If i'm playing away then i usually drop my Team Mentality down a notch or 2, aswell as the Fullbacks Mentality.

Formation:

unitedv101.jpg

Team Instructions:

unitedv1tactics.jpg

Goalkeeper Instructions:

unitedv1gk.jpg

Fullback Instructions:

unitedv1fb.jpg

DC Instructions:

unitedv1dc.jpg

DMC Instructions:

unitedv1dmc.jpg

MC Instructions:

unitedv1mc.jpg

MR/L Instructions:

unitedv1mr.jpg

AMC Instructions:

unitedv1amc.jpg

FC Instructions:

unitedv1fc.jpg

2nd Season Premiership:

unitedv1table.jpg

Rooney scores a lot from the AMC position(28 league goals in 1st season). Good AMC's work well in that position scoring lots of goals, as do fast forward players with good passing and high creativity.

I have found this to be the best tactic suited to my team, i cannot guarantee it'll work for other teams so please give it a try and let me know how it goes..

->Download Tactic<-

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Rooney loves this position, he scored 28 league goals in my season. Van der Vaart loves it too for my United Team & Holland team. I've found the tactic to be solid defensively yes, but i do have a very strong GK & Defence which helped me keep such a good defensive record.

Used this with Milan and must say it's fantastic only played 10 games before going to work but this is a tactic that actually gets the best out of Kaka 8 goals in 10 games and 6 assists won all ten games as well without tweaking anything

Originally posted by NICEICE1:

all forward run often except for GK/DMC/DCs

seems a little crazy, but a fantastic season...

Yea most players are set to Forward Runs, i get around 20 shots on average per game due to this. If you want to tighten it up towards the end of the game then i usually just set my Fullbacks not to make forward runs & make them Man Mark if the opposition goes to 4-2-4.

I started using this Tactic about half way through the 1st season, Rooney in the AMC position instantly loved it. The rest of the team didn't need too much time to get accustomed to it either. With a few adjustments in that 1st season to get the tactic as it is now, i found my team getting more & more used to it, improving al the time, which lead to my very succesful 2nd season..

I never tweaked it at all in the 2nd season as i was happy with the way it was performing. Although there may well be room for improvement, so feel free to tweak & let me know on any improved adjustments.

In that 2nd season, my only loss was to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the Carling Cup, perhaps my team just wasn't performing well that day i don't know. Other than Chelsea, Arsenal are hard to beat sometimes with this tactic so maybe the tactic can be adjusted when playing them..

Originally posted by stufair:

Used this with Milan and must say it's fantastic only played 10 games before going to work but this is a tactic that actually gets the best out of Kaka 8 goals in 10 games and 6 assists won all ten games as well without tweaking anything

Glad it's working for you man. I can imagine Kaka would play well there so good to hear he's getting goals. Hopefully you should see most of your players getting good ratings with this tactic. The DMC won't always get high ratings as he's mainly there just to protect the back 4 though.

Excellent tactic best i've used so far, using it with Sparta Rotterdam n my 3rd season, was expected to finish 12th, my squad is pretty poor to say the least, well after 4 games of the season using my own tactic in which i'd won 1 and drawn 3, i decided to give your tactic a whirl as i didn't like the style of play of my own.

Well i've only just gone and won the title by 4pts, aswell as the Dutch Cup, my striker who to be honest is fairly average compared to others in the league scored 35 goals in 40 games, my AMC only managed 10 though but to be honest i haven't really got a layer in my squad that players a similar role to Rooney. Only problem was the constant low ratings of the DMC always getting a rating of 6 with maybe the odd 7 thrown in.

But i can honestly say having tried pretty much all the tactics posted on this forum yours is by far the best for me, and considering my team and squad to win the double in a league that consists of teams such as PSV, Ajax and Feyenoord is pretty remarkable when i get time i'll post some screenshots.

Well done to you sir!

Originally posted by Alexio:

Will try this one with city. In my 3rd season and absolutley have a title challenging team. Just wondering if the hard tackling gets you a lot of red cards ect. Have not found this to be very effective in the past. Any take on this?

Only the Fullbacks and the DMC are set to Hard Tackling, but to be honest none get any more yellow cards than they do when their Tackling is set to Normal. I haven't had any sendings off in those positions, only the DC's whose tackling is set to Normal have had red cards.

Originally posted by pointon27:

Excellent tactic best i've used so far, using it with Sparta Rotterdam n my 3rd season, was expected to finish 12th, my squad is pretty poor to say the least, well after 4 games of the season using my own tactic in which i'd won 1 and drawn 3, i decided to give your tactic a whirl as i didn't like the style of play of my own.

Well i've only just gone and won the title by 4pts, aswell as the Dutch Cup, my striker who to be honest is fairly average compared to others in the league scored 35 goals in 40 games, my AMC only managed 10 though but to be honest i haven't really got a layer in my squad that players a similar role to Rooney. Only problem was the constant low ratings of the DMC always getting a rating of 6 with maybe the odd 7 thrown in.

But i can honestly say having tried pretty much all the tactics posted on this forum yours is by far the best for me, and considering my team and squad to win the double in a league that consists of teams such as PSV, Ajax and Feyenoord is pretty remarkable when i get time i'll post some screenshots.

Well done to you sir!

Thanks! Glad it's working for you mate. I'd recommend an AM/FC or an AMC with good finishing to get you goals from the AMC position perhaps. If your striker is getting 35 goals in 40 appearances then the AMC's lack of goals isn't gonna matter tho lol.

I've had ratings of 8 with the DMC but not often. Usually he is my lowest rated performer. He's mainly there to protect the back four and doesn't have much creative freedom. You could try to put his creative freedom up if he has a good creativity stat.

Hi,

Well done on this tactic. I was losing faith rapidly in FM08, having been a fan since the early CM days. I had tried the BIGD tactic amongst others on here after trying my own. They all seemed to work for a few games then I would go on a massive run of bad form. It did my head in.

This tactic, admittedly for Chelsea, has changed this and made FM08 enjoyable again. I hope I haven't cursed my form now!

I have a team made of promising regens so my collective CA isn't that high yet.

Thanks for the tactic. Right, I am off to beat Arsenal..

[img:left]chelseaad6.jpg[/img]

Any chance somebody could upload this tactic?

I have been a bit lazy and changed only my formation while still using my old team instructions and I have already experienced a turn around. I am newly promoted Darlington in the Premiership with a big task on my hands. I think this formation could get the best out of my wealth of midfield players!

Originally posted by Alexio:

This is by far the best tactic developed for fm 08 so far. Totally overwhelming the opponents in every game, home and away. Some defensive tweaks should be made though. But thats the easy part of the game, right? icon_wink.gif tY

I agree with the defensive tweaks perhaps, but only in close games or when needing to tighten things up. Let me know what changes you make and when if you could please mate..

If some people can't see the Download Link coz i screwed up the first post then here is another one: -->>DOWNLOAD TACTIC<<--

Very impressive tactic. Have been on an impressive run of results with this since switching from my own tactic which was starting to falter. As with any counterattacking tactic, pace seems to be the key. If you have quick wingers (I have ex-Liverpool flop Mark Gonzalez and Aaron Lennon) you can have a lot of fun!

Originally posted by RTHerringbone:

Very impressive tactic. Have been on an impressive run of results with this since switching from my own tactic which was starting to falter. As with any counterattacking tactic, pace seems to be the key. If you have quick wingers (I have ex-Liverpool flop Mark Gonzalez and Aaron Lennon) you can have a lot of fun!

My opinion is just getting better and better. Since implementing this, I have now beaten Man U, Liverpool. Drawn away at Stamford Bridge and just secured my best ever victory. First leg of the Champions League QF saw Milan get a deserved 2-2 draw at White Hart Lane. Second leg at the San Siro against a side with Pato, Samir Nasri, Xavi and Corluka on the bench (!) saw Spurs romp to an 8-2 result on the night, 10-4 on aggregate icon_eek.gif

Originally posted by RTHerringbone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RTHerringbone:

My opinion is just getting better and better. Since implementing this, I have now beaten Man U, Liverpool. Drawn away at Stamford Bridge and just secured my best ever victory. First leg of the Champions League QF saw Milan get a deserved 2-2 draw at White Hart Lane. Second leg at the San Siro against a side with Pato, Samir Nasri, Xavi and Corluka on the bench (!) saw Spurs romp to an 8-2 result on the night, 10-4 on aggregate icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, seems to work well against Milan, I myself beat them 10-3 on aggregate in the CL, gave Barcelona a good spanking too lol

Specialsam9, i usually Tightly Mark the FC's in Opposition instructions. I also Close Down the Wingers and an AMC if they're using one. Certain players i will Tackle hard..

Tried this tactic with my newly promoted Birmingham, strugling to bring in some talent.

Played my first game I was playing United and came back from 1-0, to win 2-1. Brilliant but to my horror because of some error I the game crashed. I turned the computer off and went to bed! I'll check to see if that result still stands but I doubt it!

I rarely download tactics, but the scoring issues in this game have driven me to give this a shot...

I tried a few from this forum and all have brought in the same results that my own tactic brought - great defense, max possession, tons of shots, but NO GOALS!

This tactic, however, is excellent! I'm scoring tons of goals, and winning games pretty regularly with my AC Milan squad. Still get the occasional 0-0 or 1-1 draws with tons of shots, but I can live with that.

The goals are also much "nicer" than the ugly goals I used to score. I get a lot of crosses tapped in after some beautiful passing all over the pitch.

Overall, this is BY FAR the best tactic I have used post 8.0.1

GREAT JOB, MD-Ronaldo!!!

MD-Ronaldo do you set both central defenders to Tightly Mark the FC's in Opposition instructions? Also how many do you drop your team and fullbacks mentality when playing away.

I’m looking forward in giving this tactic a good go, especially by the positive feedback and the fact you went a whole season unbeaten that is something to be proud of well done! icon14.gif hopefully I can do have the same success icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by adzy_27:

MD-Ronaldo do you set both central defenders to Tightly Mark the FC's in Opposition instructions? Also how many do you drop your team and fullbacks mentality when playing away.

I’m looking forward in giving this tactic a good go, especially by the positive feedback and the fact you went a whole season unbeaten that is something to be proud of well done! icon14.gif hopefully I can do have the same success icon_smile.gif

I Mark both FC's tightly yes. When playing away, i drop the team mentality down 1 notch, & the Fullbacks down 1 notch.

Originally posted by Riot-11:

So does Tevez score a lot of goals for you. And do you use Nani and Anderson?

Tevez does score a fair bit yes, but i also have Adriano who scores more than Tevez to be honest. I use Nani a lot with a lot of success. I don't use Anderson that often tho

Guest Playing_TM

I've testet the tactic with for my second season with ManC. The tactic is brilliant for scoring goals, but oh dear do you let in alot as well.

I often seem to take the lead than the opposition will score. Perhaps this tactic isnt good when in the lead?

After 31 league games I've scored 79 goals and let in 37.

Originally posted by Playing_TM:

I've testet the tactic with for my second season with ManC. The tactic is brilliant for scoring goals, but oh dear do you let in alot as well.

I often seem to take the lead than the opposition will score. Perhaps this tactic isnt good when in the lead?

You may need to tweak the defence if it's leaking goals for you.

Originally posted by Riot-11:

Where do you put Nani. right or left? And got to use Anderson. He kicks ass in my game. 30 games 15 goals 30 assists. I post him left.

I play Nani on the left. If Ronaldo is injured then i play him on the right. I play Anderson on the left usually, but i also use him in the MC position

Originally posted by Playing_TM:

You may need to tweak the defence if it's leaking goals for you. If you go up a couple of goals then set your Fullbacks not to make forward runs.

Archived