Problems With Football Manager 2011

Good evening people.

Slight problem, I have tried to install Football Manager 11 on PC.

I opted NOT to use Steam (cut a long story short, I hate it and would rather drink blood than install it) and now cannot start the game.

I will not use Steam, so can I play Football Manager 11 without Steam. If so how do I go about it, and can I use the Editor as well?

Thanks in advance for sensible replies. If Steam is 100% compulsory in order to run the game this year then I won't play it.

If I still have trouble, and any of you live near Cardiff, I'd be willing to pay £10 to have it installed on my laptop (Compaq Presario CQ61).

Steam gives me nightmares TBH.

If it doesn't crash, then it refuses to load the game. I had the same problem with FM09, and I refuse to use Steam. I got that stressed out last time using it that I was physically sick.

Should I not bother, and send the game back?

Steam is not 100 compulsory. If you dont want to use steam then just keep the disk in your computer. I have the game installed without using steam and it works fine.

As for the editor get it by clicking on start then games and look for the fm icon and right click on it and select run editor. Alternatively you could go through the folders program files\sports interactive\football manger 2011\tools\editor and click on the editor icon.

I have no idea why people have so much hate towards Steam.

Honestly I have been using Steam for many years now and have over 40 games on my account and have had zero problems,I can only imagine that people have there setting's set up wrong to have complaints to the volume I see on this forum.

Here's a tip...instead of whining about Steam maybe ask constructive question's to help sort your problem instead of the usual "Steam sucks"

Well, Football Manager worked very well without Steam up until 2008. If you're not 'computer smart' like me, it is very confusing.

Well done on not having any problems with it, I only wish I could say the same. It's hardly whining, by the way, and if people think 'Steam sucks' then that should speak volumes.

Let's not forget the customer is always right.

Sorry again but it really does not take a computer smart person to ask a question about Steam,if it was a Steam problem then we would all have the same problem and this forum would be flooded with it.

It could be something as simple as you not having your download and place settings in Steam which is easily sorted.

The fact is we are all using the same Steam program so this "Steam sucks" is all BS.It is your system that is at fault not the 3rd party software that we are all using.

Daylight, I don't give a toss quite frankly.

As a paying consumer, who has not obtained the game illegally, I expect the right under EU trade laws for the game to work when I download it. I NEVER had this problem with earlier editions - they worked fine.

I'm not using Steam, end of, and quite frankly what is BS is FM expecting everybody to use a product that has a reputation of messing up when installing the latest game.

Yeah, you have no problem with Steam - spare a thought for those of us who do have problems with it. My system works just fine by the way, it just has a low tolerance level to real b/s.

daylight.. you dont have any knowledge about programming do you?.. if a program has a bug it doenst mean that every single person using it will experience it.. I use steam without any problems, but many people have problems with steam. F.ex. some have had their entire account deleted by mistake.. and some cant load games and so on..

If he doesnt want to use steam, then he doesnt have to.. simple as that!

I do spare a thought for people that can not play games they have bought.

I only said that it is not a Steam problem,I am sure that any problem you have is not Steam related and if you maybe gave some more info people could help you out instead of saying that your system is fine and has a low tolerance level to BS.

Steam has been around for a long time and is very successful for a reason,if you choose not to use it then ofc that is your choice but like I said if it was a Steam problem then we would ALL have the problem.

daylight.. you dont have any knowledge about programming do you?.. if a program has a bug it doenst mean that every single person using it will experience it.. I use steam without any problems, but many people have problems with steam. F.ex. some have had their entire account deleted by mistake.. and some cant load games and so on..

If he doesnt want to use steam, then he doesnt have to.. simple as that!

Now that is BS!

If he has a problem with a program he can delete the program and reinstall,yes I do have knowledge about programming,more than you it would seem.

Just to add I did have a problem with Steam about 2 years ago,I could not log into my account and of course not access my games,instead of complaining on forums I simply deleted all files off my pc and did a fresh install,it was a pain as I had to re-download all my games but hardly worth whining about.

I think that means you need a DVD drive to play it. Not a regular CD drive. You might have to upgrade your computer to a DVD drive. I think those are fairly cheap now. Or you could download it but you'd have to use your favorite 3rd party software. Which either "sucks" or is awesome. Depends on who you ask.

Archived