lack of posts = excellent game?

unlike the vast majority of people on these forums i have yet to receive my copy of fm (monday i hope). I have noticed that compared to previous years there are very few posts in these forums. to me that says that most people are busy playing and enjoying the game. I know there have been steam issues and a few people with installation problems but compared to previous years the post count is well down. any thoughts guys?

I am banging out the hours playing from when I bought it in Asda yesterday at just after 9am. I don't like Steam for whatever reason, just want the box and CD.

I am not playing the Spanish league, mind you, if I were I would be pretty peed off. I said I was going to wait on buying until I read what you guys found wrong with it and patches came to fix it, but I have the breaking strain of a kit kat.

It's the nuts as far as I am concerned. Match engine smooth as makes it.

I am reading the forum to judge if it is too early to buy the game and therefore waiting for the next patch or if to buy now.....

I haven't decided yet because for example the budget bug ( to be confirmed ) that grant the team, randomly, milions of free euros is scaring me and refraining me to buy now.

yeh the spanish league issue is a major problem as far as i can tell. They always seem to have something silly like that pop up every year but i remember in previous year people going nuts over lots of issues. the matchplay seems to be the best ive ever seen it straight out of the box but i have yet to play the full game so i cant speak about the rest of the game.

I am reading the forum to judge if it is too early to buy the game and therefore waiting for the next patch or if to buy now.....

I haven't decided yet because for example the budget bug ( to be confirmed ) that grant the team, randomly, milions of free euros is scaring me and refraining me to buy now.

what budget bug ? are people falsely labelling bugs just for giggles ?

I'm finding it enjoyable but very easy. After marthon sessions the last few days, I just won the Premiership with Blackpool in my 2nd season ...it was only by 1 point but still! It would take me least 3 or 4 seasons to do that in previous versions. Might have to go further down the leagues for a challenge next time.

I'm enjoying the game even though i'm pulling my hair out at my current teams performances lately (Torquay United)

It seems every time i finally score after 3847324 missed chances the opposing team will strike back almost instantly and normally they go on to win. I know for a fact that we have a very good defence for league two standard but damn i am struggling to get decent results at the moment. 30 games played and i'm 21st. anyone have any suggestions for league two tactics/good CHEAP/Free players to sign?

It's alright, I miss a few things though, I miss the old inbox/news tab system, I liked having them seperate, meant I could have the inbox for important stuff, and the news, well, just like a newspaper where I could look out of curiosity to see what's going on just every now and then and never feel compelled to actually look at them all (just the headlines that interest me). Yet the inbox system, I struggle.

Also, I'm not keen on the "prepared tactics" thing much, because I love to tweak tactics, it feels like I'm penalised a little for that love.

I'm also dissapointed that there isn't a massive dearth of new questions/responses for press conferences, although there is some.

I do enjoy player agents so far, I enjoyed when I forced an agent to accept a lower deal by doing non-negotiable he congratulated me on my shrewd negotiating!. I also like the player interaction as it is, and the board too. All in all, this version has enough to keep me interested and playing, yet as always, there's some steps forward, and one or two back. Some things I like, some I loathe. I still do think it's a decent outing.

Archived