Some players just emotional wrecks?

Not sure what it is, but even after starting a fresh save on 11.1 (11.0 every player was an emotional wreck, Kenwyne Jones scored a hat trick and by Monday was still back to poor morale) some players get upset at the slightest of things. Playing as Stoke, Matthew Etherington sets up 3 goals in a game, gets a great rating, I praise him in the after-match team talk and we continue on. Saturday post match - Superb Morale. Now, he's had the week in training, not been injured, not been any incidents at the club and come the following Saturday pre-match his morale is very poor. Same happens with a lot of wide players, Jermaine Pennant never got above 'okay' morale for more than a day. Yet on the other hand, Salif Diao gets dropped to the reserves along with Rory Delap and don't get registered in the second season, and their morale is always very good or superb. Dean Whitehead who is transfer listed and not wanted, has been offered a mutual termination and offered out countless times is 'very good' yet Carl Dickinson who returned to the club, got a new improved contract and got promoted to 'first team' choice is always very poor. His stats are now in freefall too for some reason despite good coaches, the games own schedule for defenders and the most shocking thing of all with Dickinson is hes happy to be playing for the club, happy to be playing alongside Shawcross.

If anyone at all can provide some insight into the wonderful world of morale, it'd be greatly appreciated. Morale really does make a big difference too from what I've already seen. If you've got your team happy, they fire on all cylinders and my mid-table Stoke side can really match Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool etc on the pitch. However, put them in with 3/4 on bad morale and we struggle because players in key positions no longer seem to perform. Then after a defeat the whole team morale slumps which I could understand for a few days, but after 5 games, 3 wins (Man City the biggest scalp in there) and 2 defeats (against Villa and Arsenal) with the team in 6th place you wouldn't think a defeat to Arsenal the week after Man City would be enough to send my players into depression for more than a couple of days but alas it was so.

Archived