MLS Board Confidence...

So I decided to start unemployed for a change instead of my usual Gooner save, waited a month or so and ended up getting the Chicago Fire job. First season I finished 6th in my conference Board were satisfied with that as I had an expectation of 7th.

Second season I finish 3rd with an media expectation of 5th, also won the MLS Playoff and then the Pan Pacific cup a good solid start to my managerial career.

I get offered a new contract, I accepted it.

This season I have the media expectation of 2nd, which I felt was fair as I was the defending Champions and had finished 3rd the previous season but my board is saying I have to make the MLS Playoff Final which again is my aim so no problem.

Currently I am 12 games in, my record is played 11 won 8 Drew 1 Lost 2 pts 25, I am Joint top of my conference and we are the top points scorers in the MLS but my board keeps telling me that I need to perform better as I am ONLY on course to win the MLS and NOT meeting the expectation of making the Playoff Final, which makes zero sense as obviously the playoffs aren't until the end of the season and currently I am on course to be one of the top seeds for it.

Anyone else had this issue?

Archived